Lamb soup recipe. This recipe is all about pairing crisp vegetables with juicy bits of leftover lamb. Adding pulled roast lamb shoulder to the zucchini and peas turns a light meal into a hearty one while keeping it fresh and healthy.
* 120g dried vegeroni spiral pasta
* 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
* 1 brown onion, finely chopped
* 2 garlic cloves, crushed
* 1 carrot, diced
* 1 celery stalk, diced
* 1.5 litres vegetable liquid stock
* 1 cup fresh peas or frozen peas
* 100g sugar snap peas, trimmed
* 1 bunch baby asparagus, cut into 4cm lengths
* 1 1/2 cups cold shredded leftover cooked lamb (see notes)
* 2 tbsp fresh curly parsley, torn
3 Method / Steps
Cook pasta following packet directions. Drain. Refresh under cold water.
Meanwhile, heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic, carrot and celery. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes or until vegetables have softened. Add stock. Bring to a simmer. Cover. Reduce heat to low. Cook for 15 minutes.
Add peas, sugar snap peas, asparagus and lamb. Simmer for 2 minutes or until lamb is heated through. Remove from heat. Stir in pasta. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle soup with parsley. Serve.
source – cooking365coza