Lamb soup recipe
Lamb soup recipe. This recipe is all about pairing crisp vegetables with juicy bits of leftover lamb. Adding pulled roast lamb shoulder to the zucchini and peas turns a light meal into a hearty one while keeping it fresh and healthy.
* 120g dried vegeroni spiral pasta
* 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
* 1 brown onion, finely chopped
* 2 garlic cloves, crushed
* 1 carrot, diced
* 1 celery stalk, diced
* 1.5 litres vegetable liquid stock
* 1 cup fresh peas or frozen peas
* 100g sugar snap peas, trimmed
* 1 bunch baby asparagus, cut into 4cm lengths
* 1 1/2 cups cold shredded leftover cooked lamb (see notes)
* 2 tbsp fresh curly parsley, torn
3 Method / Steps
Cook pasta following packet directions. Drain. Refresh under cold water.
Meanwhile, heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic, carrot and celery. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes or until vegetables have softened. Add stock. Bring to a simmer. Cover. Reduce heat to low. Cook for 15 minutes.
Add peas, sugar snap peas, asparagus and lamb. Simmer for 2 minutes or until lamb is heated through. Remove from heat. Stir in pasta. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle soup with parsley. Serve.
source – cooking365coza