Connect with us

Entertainment

Jaypee And Lukay Get Evicted From The House #BBTitans

Published

on

Jaypee And Lukay

They came in alone but left together: this week’s evictees from the Big Brother Titans house were Jaypee and Lukay, team name Jaykay, whose journey came to an end three weeks into the game. That leaves 20 housemates in the running for the grand prize of US$100,000. To quote co-host Lawrence Maleka: “Housemates are playing a game… and only one can win.”

Surviving eviction this week were nominees Khosi & Miracle OP (Khosicle), Nana & Thabang (Thabana), Marvin &Yaya (Maya), and Blaqboi & Ipeleng (Blaqleng) – who went from Head of House to knocking on eviction’s door.

After being shown who had put her up for eviction, Jaypee said to Lawrence: “The only one I am surprised by is Nelisa. But I nominated [her] before, so I guess it’s karma.”

Lukay, the other half of Jaykay, was upbeat upon eviction, telling co-host Ebuka Obi-Uchendu: “There’s a silver lining to everything in life. To be taken out this early in the game means that I’m a challenge and a threat.”

This week was a relatively calm one compared to the one before. For their wager, the housemates put on a cooking show, Titan Food Experience, which impressed Biggie enough for them to nab their second win in a row.

The icing on top of the good vibes cake was the much-loved and always-trending Saturday night party, this time officiated by the legendary DJ Tira. This week’s HoH were Blue Aiva & Kanaga Jnr (Kaniva), with the former beefing with fellow housemate Nelisa. When asked about that by Ebuka, Blue Aiva said: “I feel like she’s an instigator.”

There was also tension between Marvin and Kanaga Jnr this past week, with Marvin upset that ‘his boy’ Kanaga Jnr had nominated him for eviction. When quizzed by Ebuka during the show, Marvin said his pain stemmed from the “big connection” he felt the two had.

What did Kanaga Jnr have to say for himself? He nonchalantly told Ebuka: “My reasons are coming from a personal angle, and I will not be able to share that.”

As Lawrence said at the beginning of the live eviction show: “It’s been three weeks of gossip, conspiring, betrayal and drama.” He’s right. So, what does the next week have in store for us? There’s only one way to know. Ziyakhala wahala!

Tweeps reacted to Jaypee And Lukay’s eviction.

Source: Zalebs

In other news – Mali expels UN mission’s human rights chief

The Malian interim government on Sunday said the head of the United Nations (UN) peacekeeping mission’s human rights division had 48 hours to leave the country as he had been declared persona non grata.

U.N. vehicle patrols

In a statement, it said the decision to expel Guillaume Ngefa-Atondoko Andali was connected to his allegedly biased choice of civil society witnesses for UN Security Council briefings on Mali. Learn more

Nigerian Celebrities

Junior Pope not buried by river bank – Police

Published

on

John Paul Odonwodo

The Anambra State Police Command says the remains of Nollywood star, John Paul Odonwodo, popularly called Junior Pope, were not among those buried by the bank of the Anam River. The Command’s spokesman, SP Ikenga Tochukwu, made the clarification on Sunday, stating that only three of the deceased families agreed that the victims be buried by the riverside.

He noted that after the burial of the three, one of the families came back to exhume the remains of their daughter for a befitting burial in her country home.Ikenga added that the corpse of Junior Pope was deposited at a morgue.

John Paul Odonwodo

“The Command, on an inquiry about the unconfirmed information that the recovered bodies including Junior Pope were buried by the Riverside where the boat accident happened, discovered that three of the deceased families accepted the victims should be buried beside the river.

“But later, the family of one of the victims decided to exhume the body to be given a proper burial in her state while the other two were still buried there. Also, Junior Pope and one other are still in the morgue and await the deceased families’ funeral arrangements,” he said. The PPRO further stated that the Command is still investigating the unfortunate incident.

John Paul Odonwodo

He said, “The producer of the movie and the two boat drivers’ statements have been obtained, and other necessary actions/moves already emplaced by the operatives as directed by the Commissioner of Police to determine the criminal liability of any person, if any, in the mishap

Source: Dailypost

Continue Reading

Nigerian Celebrities

Singer Paul Okoye hints at remarrying

Published

on

Paul Okoye

Popular singer and half of P-Square, Paul Okoye, aka Rudeboy, has hinted at remarrying. The ‘Reason With Me’ crooner dropped the hint while scolding fans for wishing his divorce from his ex-wife to be toxic.

Paul Okoye

He stated that he would not succumb to their wishes, urging them to accept the reality that he is with his new partner, Ivy Ifeoma.He went on to unveil hashtag options for himself and his partner, Ifeoma.

Paul Okoye

On his Instagram story, Rudeboy wrote: “Some of y’all wish and think all divorces must be toxic, looking for someone to blame so that y’all can be entertained… lol

“#Ifeomanonso Or #Ifynonso. Choose one.  Rudeboy, 41, unveiled Ifeoma, then 22, as his new girlfriend in December 2022, one year after his divorce from his ex-wife Anita Okoye.

Source: Naijanews

In other news – Why I married Boko Haram fighter – Freed Chibok girl

Ten years later, Amina Nkeki, one of the 276 abducted schoolgirls of Government Girls’ Secondary School, Chibok, in Borno State, has said that she married a Boko Haram fighter to get her freedom. Nkeki, who regained freedom in 2016 with a baby and a Boko Haram fighter as her husband, stated this on Channels Television’s Sunrise Daily on Monday monitored by DAILY POST.

 

Freed Chibok girl

She said some of her colleagues gave birth to four children for insurgents who held them hostage. Nkeki said she agreed to marry a Boko Haram fighter while in captivity because she viewed the path as a route of escape from her abductors. Read more

Continue Reading

Nigerian Celebrities

RIP: Actor Amaechi Mounachi has passed away

Published

on

Amaechi Muonagor

Death has struck again in Nollywood as veteran actor, Amaechi Mounachi, has been reported dead. The actor, famous for his comical roles, passed away after a protracted battle with kidney disease, diabetes, and stroke.

The tragic news of Muonagor’s death hit the internet on the evening of Sunday, March 24, 2024.

This is coming barely one week after a video circulated online showing the 61-year-old actor lying still in bed, requesting financial aid to support his kidney transplant.

Sitting next to the Nollywood legend was a fellow actor, Kingsley Orji, who pleaded on his behalf.

According to Orji, the kidney disease had caused speech impairment for the ailing actor, and they decided to bring him home from the hospital due to a lack of funds.

Amaechi Muonagor

Orji had earlier revealed that Muonagor had been battling diabetes and stroke, with the latter causing paralysis in his leg.

In a social media post last November, Muonagor’s cousin, Hon Tony Muonagor, posted a picture of him sitting next to the ailing actor on a hospital bed, stating that he wants the public to know the situation with his relative.

He later went into details of how the Nollywood legend had been battling kidney disease, diabetes, and stroke. He said though Muonagor had been managing his diabetes over the years and living his life, he was undergoing weekly dialysis at the time of the post.

Muonagor had been receiving dialysis and physiotherapy, amongst other treatments, Tony added. The actor joins a list of other Nollywood veterans who died this month. Most notably, John ‘Mr Ibu’ Okafor died on March 2 after a protracted illness that led to the amputation of his leg.

pulse

Continue Reading

Trending