Beef Enchiladas Recipe
Whether it’s just the family or a relaxed dinner with friends you will love this easy to prepare the dish. Team it up with a fresh, crisp green salad and you are ready to go.
– 30 ml olive oil
– 1 onion, finely chopped
– 2 garlic cloves, crushed
– 1 red pepper, finely chopped
– 1 yellow pepper, finely chopped
– 5ml paprika
– 5ml dried chilli flakes
– 1 x 410g tin diced tomatoes
– 450g beef mince
– 15ml barbecue spice
– 6 tortillas
– 150g tub double cream plain yoghurt
– 50g cheddar cheese, grated
* Preheat the oven grill.
* Heat 15 ml of the oil in a pan and sauté the onion and garlic for 5 minutes. Add the red and yellow peppers and soften further for a few minutes. Mix the paprika and chilli flakes through until all the vegetables are coated.
* Sauté the minced meat in a separate pan with the remaining 15 ml olive oil until it is browned all over. Mix in the barbecue spice.
* Add the meat to the vegetables along with a tin of chopped tomatoes.
* Heat the meat and vegetable mix on low heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until well combined. At the same time, warm the tortillas in the microwave for 35-45 seconds.
* On a chopping board, carefully spoon the filling into each tortilla, wrap and place in an ovenproof dish side by side.
* Mix the plain yoghurt with the grated cheese and dollop on top of the enchiladas. Place under the grill for approximately 5 minutes until the cheese and natural yoghurt is melted. (don’t place them too close to the top as the enchiladas will burn!) Remove from the grill and serve with a green salad!
Hints & Tips
Even if it’s a mid-week dinner you can have a bit of fun by using brightly coloured, mismatched plates and a vibrant table cloth to transport you to Mexico.
source – cooking365coza