Barbecue sweet potato wedges and haloumi salad recipe. Have this easy vegetarian haloumi on the table in 15 minutes. With barbecued sweet potato, a cheat’s creamy dressing and a salty kick from the haloumi, this is the ultimate filling summer salad.
* 500g sweet potato, peeled, cut into wedges
* 2 tbsp olive oil
* 1 tsp Masterfoods Lemon Herb & Garlic Spice Blend
* 180g packet of haloumi, sliced
* 2 baby cos lettuce, leaves separated, thickly sliced
* 1⁄2 small red onion, thinly sliced
* 1 Lebanese cucumber, thinly sliced
* 150g (1 cup) drained canned chickpeas, rinsed (see notes)
* 1⁄2 cup fresh mint leaves
* 125ml (1⁄2 cup) Birch & Waite Green Goddess Dressing & Sauce
3 Method / Steps
Place sweet potato in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover with a square of wet paper towel. Microwave on High for 5 minutes or until just tender. Drizzle over half the oil and half the spice blend. Toss until coated. Preheat a barbecue grill or chargrill pan on medium-high. Grill sweet potato, turning occasionally, for 5 minutes or until lightly charred.
Meanwhile, pat dries the haloumi with a paper towel. Sprinkle with the remaining spice blend. Heat the remaining oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook haloumi for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden.
Arrange the cos leaves in a serving bowl. Top with the onion, cucumber, sweet potato, haloumi, chickpeas and mint. Season. Drizzle over the dressing to serve.
source – cooking365coza