Curry in a hurry? Yes, please! Ready in 10 minutes, this light but creamy curry is super scrummy and perfect for a quick weeknight meal.
* 1 brown onion
* 55g (1/3 cup) unsalted roasted peanuts
* 1 long fresh red chilli
* 2 tsp olive oil
* 450g pkt microwave long-grain rice
* 1 tbsp red curry paste
* 270g can of coconut cream
* 250ml (1 cup) Massel Chicken Style Liquid Stock
* 130g (1/2 cup) Sanitarium Crunchy Peanut Butter
* 500g bought diced chicken breast
* 140g (1 cup) pre-shredded carrot
* 100g baby spinach Lime wedges, to serve (optional)
6 Method / Steps
Heat a large deep frying pan over medium-high heat.
While the pan heats up, cut the onion into wedges, coarsely chop the peanuts and thinly slice the chilli
Add the oil and onion to the pan and cook, stirring often, for 1 minute or until the onion softens slightly.
Meanwhile, heat the rice following the packet directions.
Add curry paste to the pan. Cook, stirring constantly, for 30 seconds. Stir in coconut cream, stock and peanut butter. Add chicken. Reduce heat to medium and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 4-5 minutes or until the sauce thickens slightly and the chicken is cooked through.
Divide chicken curry and rice among serving bowls. Top with carrot, spinach, peanuts and chilli. Serve with lime wedges, if using.
source – cooking365coza