Connect with us

Nigeria Breaking News

Ogun West indigenes storm govt house to make demands from Gov Abiodun

Published

on

Ogun West indigenes

Indigenes of Ogun West stormed the Oke Mosan office of Governor Dapo Abiodun on Wednesday to make known their demands ahead of the inauguration of his second term in office. The group, under the aegis of Yewa Defender Organisation, congratulated Abiodun on his second term victory, noting that all the five local governments in Ogun West voted for him.

that Abiodun won in Ipokia, Ado-Odo/Ota, Yewa South, Yewa North, and Imeko-Afon local government areas during the March 18 gubernatorial election. The Ogun Westerners said despite their total support, theirs is the only senatorial district lagging behind in developmental projects in the state. According to them, their visit to Gov Abiodun’s office was to inform him of the need to pay the zone the necessary attention it deserves in his second term, especially after showing him so much love during the last election.

With banners in their hands, they gathered at the Deputy Governor’s Wing of the state secretariat to make their demands. Speaking on behalf of the group, Mr Akeem Ayeteru said Yewaland had been underdeveloped to the detriment of its socio-economic development. Ogun West is the only senatorial district that has yet to produce a governor of the state.

Ayeteru, a retired immigration officer, said Ogun West, despite being the industrial hub and the government’s cash cow, has been denied basic amenities like roads, hospitals, and educational institutions from time immemorial. He called on Gov Abiodun to correct the age-long imbalance.

He also expressed concern over erratic power supply and incessant clashes between Fulani herders and communities in the area, which have claimed many lives in the region.

Source: dailypost

In other news – P-Square is set to release a new album

Nine years after their last album together, the Nigerian musical duo, Peter and Paul Okoye, known are P-Square, are working on a new album.

P-Square

The identical twins made this known to CNN recently where they also hinted at releasing the album within the year. Learn more 

Nigeria Breaking News

Bad leaders making life of Nigerians miserable – Pastor Giwa

Published

on

Adewale Giwa

The senior pastor of Awaiting The Second Coming Of Christ Ministry, Adewale Giwa, on Sunday, lamented that the economic situation in Nigeria has gone from bad to worse under President Bola Tinubu. The clergyman noted that bad leaders were intentionally making life miserable for Nigerians.

Speaking with DAILY POST, Giwa said Buhari’s utterances that Nigerians will appreciate his administration when he’s gone is being fulfilled under Tinubu’s government. According to Giwa: “Nigerians found themselves in the hands of bad leaders having passed through the worst experience under former President Muhammadu Buhari.

“The success of a nation is determined by the kind of leaders you have. When the biblical Jeroboam became leader of Israel he led people to sin and we all know what happened.

“What Nigerians are presently going through makes me remember what Buhari said that ‘Nigerians will appreciate his government after his tenure’.

“If Buhari, the worst leader in history, could say Nigerians would appreciate his government then what should we say is currently happening in Nigeria under Tinubu? I wonder why in Nigeria, a leader will take over power and situations will get worse. Is it not better if we don’t have a nation called Nigeria or have a nation where the citizens continue to wallow in abject poverty and penury?

“For now, Tinubu’s government has fared worse than Buhari’s government because under Buhari there was nothing like subsidy removal. We all know how much a litre of petrol was during Buhari’s administration. We can now see how much it is under Tinubu, so I can’t say Tinubu’s government is better than Buhari’s government. In all fairness and coupled with the present events, the present political leaders are intentionally making the lives of Nigerians miserable.

Source: Dailypost

In other news – Police vow to tackle vandalization of public facilities in Akwa Ibom

The Police in Eket, Akwa Ibom, have assured that public facility vandalism would be completely tackled in the town and its environs. The Divisional Police Officer, SP Felix Ekpoudom, stated this shortly after visiting a vandalised water fountain at Udom Emmanuel Boulevard in Atabong, Eket town.

Police

Ekpoudom said that the police became aware of the incident after the visit of Governor Umo Eno to Eket on May 3.The Police in Eket, Akwa Ibom, have assured that public facility vandalism would be completely tackled in the town and its environs. Read more

Continue Reading

Nigeria Breaking News

Police vow to tackle vandalization of public facilities in Akwa Ibom

Published

on

Police

The Police in Eket, Akwa Ibom, have assured that public facility vandalism would be completely tackled in the town and its environs. The Divisional Police Officer, SP Felix Ekpoudom, stated this shortly after visiting a vandalised water fountain at Udom Emmanuel Boulevard in Atabong, Eket town.

Ekpoudom said that the police became aware of the incident after the visit of Governor Umo Eno to Eket on May 3.The Police in Eket, Akwa Ibom, have assured that public facility vandalism would be completely tackled in the town and its environs.

The Divisional Police Officer, SP Felix Ekpoudom, stated this shortly after visiting a vandalised water fountain at Udom Emmanuel Boulevard in Atabong, Eket town. Ekpoudom said that the police became aware of the incident after the visit of Governor Umo Eno to Eket on May 3.

The DPO said that it was wrong to steal or vandalise public facilities, saying,” Those who do so are agents of underdevelopment”. We have observed that acts of vandalism are happening in some areas in Eket. We have begun our surveillance, we shall get hold of them,” he said. Ekpoudom urged residents of Eket to support the support with credible information to tackle the ugly menace.

”We need the cooperation of the community, you have to work with the police to tackle this challenge. We are committed towards tackling vandalism and other unlawful activities in the area. We shall apprehend them,” he added.

Earlier, the community Youth Leader, Mr Willie Mbong, described the issue of public facility vandalism in the area as worrisome. That water fountain is adding to the aesthetic beauty of the town. It is a bad thing to vandalise and steal some of its components.

”We shall take this issue seriously by reporting it to the appropriate authorities. Those behind this act must be unmasked.” He assured that the community would do everything possible to support the Police towards apprehending those involved in the act.

Source: Dailypost

Continue Reading

Nigeria Breaking News

Court Fixes May 27 to Hear Applications on Ganduje’s Suspension

Published

on

Abdullahi Umar Ganduje

A Kano State High Court has set May 27, 2024, for the commencement of hearing in the case of the alleged suspension of the National Chairman of the All Progressive Congress (APC), Abdullahi Umar Ganduje.  The court, presided over by Justice Usman Malam Na’abba, will hear three applications: a preliminary objection, a joinder application, and an application challenging the court’s jurisdiction.

The applicants, Haladu Gwanjo and Laminu Sani Barguma, are seeking an order of interim injunction on Ganduje’s suspension from the APC.Counsel for the applicant, Ibrahim Sa’ad, requested a new date to respond to the counter affidavit filed by the respondents. Counsel for the respondents did not object to the request.

Counsel for the fourth respondent, Lydia Oyewo, informed the court that her client was not served with the court processes. Parties seeking to be joined in the case also informed the court of their position.

Justice Na’abba fixed May 27 for the hearing to allow all parties to serve their processes and respond to the applications.

Source: sunnewsonline

In other news – Military forcefully took away suspected oil bunkerers from police custody – IGP tells court

The Inspector-General of Police, IGP, has told a Federal High Court in Abuja that the military forcefully took away some suspects allegedly involved in oil bunkering from police custody.

Military

 

Counsel to the IGP, Idris Mohammed, revealed this to Justice James Omotosho when the matter was called for the alleged oil bunkerers to take their plea in a five-count criminal charge filed against them. The IGP had, in an earlier charge marked: FHC/ABJ/CR/60/2024, listed 19 alleged oil bunkerers for prosecution. Read more

Continue Reading

Trending