Connect with us

Nigeria Breaking News

Lassa fever kills one in Anambra, 15 suspected cases recorded

Published

on

Anambra

THE Anambra State government has confirmed one death and fifteen suspected cases of Lassa Fever in the state this month. Following the outbreak, the state government had constituted contact tracing teams to follow up on the reported cases.

According to the state Commissioner for Health, Dr Afam Obidike, the state’s emergency response team has already responded to the recorded cases, while relevant surveillance measures have been put in place to curtail further spread. He said: “So far in Anambra State, we have recorded 15 suspected cases of Lassa fever and one death.

“The ministry is following the national guidelines in managing the cases and we have started contact tracing to manage the situation and prevent further spread.”

Obidike advised residents of the state to visit the nearest health facility to them if they notice signs and symptoms associated with Lassa fever, which include fever, weakness, headaches, vomiting and muscle pains.

He also urged the people to block all holes in their house. Commissioner however explained that there is no outbreak of Diphtheria in the state, adding that his ministry is on high alert and taking proactive measures to guard against the spread of the disease in the state.es to prevent rats from entering, as well as cover dustbins and dispose of refuse properly.

“People should practice good personal and hand hygiene by frequently washing their hands with soap under running water, ” he advised.

Source: dailypost

In other news – Death Toll From Bombing in Central Nigeria Rises To 40

The death toll from a bomb blast that struck a group of herders in central Nigeria has risen to 40 from 27, the local government said on Thursday. The explosion on Wednesday took place in Rukubi, a village on the border between Nasarawa and Benue states, a region known for ethnic and religious violence.

 

“We now have approximately 40 people that were killed,” Nasarawa’s governor Abdullahi Sule told reporters on Thursday. The rumour earlier was that the air force carried out the bombing but right now we understand that there was no air force plane that flew [above] the area,” Sule said on Arise News television late Wednesday. Learn more

Nigeria Breaking News

Nigeria’s constitution not working, paperwork for military – Bode George

Published

on

Bode George

A chieftain of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Bode George, on Monday said Nigeria’s constitution is not working. George said Nigeria’s constitution is paperwork for the country’s military. Featuring on Arise Television’s Morning Show, the PDP chieftain said the current constitution gives room to politicians to share largesse in Abuja.George reiterated the call for restructuring Nigeria, stressing that it’s an antidote to secession agitation in Nigeria.

According to George: “The constitution we are running is not working, it’s more like paperwork for a military organization; why should everybody head to Abuja monthly to collect their largess; it’s not working, what does the president do with my local government or that in Sokoto? Nothing.

“Politics is local and we want to see that the restructuring everybody is talking about is the path we should take instead of taking arms and shooting people which is a modern-day Robin Hood.

Source: Naijanews

In other news – I dislike men who wear skirts – Davido

Nigerian Afrobeats star David Adeleke, aka Davido, has revealed the fashion trend that he dislikes. The DMW boss stated that he dislikes men who wear skirts.

 

Davido

He said he would never wear a skirt but may reconsider if he is offered half a million dollars.Davido disclosed this in a recent interview with American fashion content creator, Mysterious Fashioniest. Read more

Continue Reading

Nigeria Breaking News

EFCC vows to probe bank chiefs over COVID funds, World Bank loans

Published

on

EFCC

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFFC, said it has redoubled its investigation into the culpability of bank Chief Executive Officers, CEOs, in the mismanagement of COVID-19 funds and World Bank loans. This is contained in a statement by its spokesman, Dele Oyewale, on Sunday in Abuja.

The statement said that also under probe is the alleged mismanagement of recovered Abacha loot given to the Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development for disbursement to beneficiaries of the Federal Government support-for-the-poor programme. The EFCC also announced that it had recovered N32.7 billion and $445,000 so far from top officials of the ministry under its searchlight, adding that the abuse of naira has become a priority investigation of the agency.

Shedding light on the probe of malfeasance in the Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development ministry, the agency said: “At the outset of investigations, past and suspended officials of the Humanitarian Ministry were invited by the commission and investigations into the alleged fraud involving them have yielded the recovery of N32.7billion and $445,000 so far.

“Discreet investigations by the EFCC have opened other fraudulent dealings involving Covid -19 funds, the World Bank loan, Abacha recovered loot released to the Ministry by the Federal Government to execute its poverty alleviation mandate.

Source: Dailypost

In other news – Singer Paul Okoye hints at remarrying

Popular singer and half of P-Square, Paul Okoye, aka Rudeboy, has hinted at remarrying. The ‘Reason With Me’ crooner dropped the hint while scolding fans for wishing his divorce from his ex-wife to be toxic.

Paul Okoye

He stated that he would not succumb to their wishes, urging them to accept the reality that he is with his new partner, Ivy Ifeoma.He went on to unveil hashtag options for himself and his partner, Ifeoma. Read more

Continue Reading

Nigeria Breaking News

I dislike men who wear skirts – Davido

Published

on

Davido

Nigerian Afrobeats star David Adeleke, aka Davido, has revealed the fashion trend that he dislikes. The DMW boss stated that he dislikes men who wear skirts.

He said he would never wear a skirt but may reconsider if he is offered half a million dollars.Davido disclosed this in a recent interview with American fashion content creator, Mysterious Fashioniest.

Davido

The interview asked, “What’s one fashion trend you dislike? He said, “Skirt; men that wears skirts. I will never wear the skirt. Except if I am offered half a million or a million dollars [laughs

Source: Dailypost

In other news – Junior Pope not buried by river bank – Police

The Anambra State Police Command says the remains of Nollywood star, John Paul Odonwodo, popularly called Junior Pope, were not among those buried by the bank of the Anam River. The Command’s spokesman, SP Ikenga Tochukwu, made the clarification on Sunday, stating that only three of the deceased families agreed that the victims be buried by the riverside.

John Paul Odonwodo

 

He noted that after the burial of the three, one of the families came back to exhume the remains of their daughter for a befitting burial in her country home.Ikenga added that the corpse of Junior Pope was deposited at a morgue. Read more

Continue Reading

Trending