Green curry chicken sausage rolls recipe
Re-create the classic Thai green curry with these mini sausage rolls loaded with fresh spicy flavours.
* 500g chicken mince
* 100g green beans, finely chopped
* 4 kaffir lime leaves, finely chopped
* 2 green shallots, finely chopped
* 50g (1 cup) panko breadcrumbs
* 1/4 cup chopped fresh coriander
* 2 tbsp Thai green curry paste
* 2 eggs
* 3 sheets of frozen puff pastry, just thawed
* 2 tbsp black and white sesame seeds
* Sweet chilli sauce, to serve
Thai herb salad
* 1/2 cup small fresh Thai basil leaves
* 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves
* 1 purple shallot
* 1 long fresh green chilli, thinly sliced
* 1/2 lime, juiced
5 Method / Steps
Combine the mince, beans, kaffir lime leaves, shallot, panko, coriander, curry paste and 1 egg in a bowl. Season. Mix until well combined.
Preheat oven to 220C/200C fan-forced. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Lightly whisk the remaining egg into a bowl.
Cut the pastry sheets in half. Place one-sixth of the mince mixture along the centre of each piece of pastry. Brush 1 long edge with whisked egg. Fold pastry over filling, pressing to seal. Cut each roll into 6 pieces. Place half the rolls, seam side down, on the prepared trays. Brush the pastry with egg. Use a small sharp knife to pierce the tops a few times to allow steam to escape. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake for 25 minutes or until cooked through and golden. Repeat with the remaining sausage rolls.
Meanwhile, to make the herb salad, combine the Thai basil, coriander, shallot and chilli in a bowl. Add the lime juice and toss until well combined.
Serve the sausage rolls with the herb salad and drizzled with sweet chilli sauce.
source – cooking365.co.za