Connect with us

Entertainment

Celine Dion cancels 2023-2024 shows over health

Published

on

Celine Dion

Last year Celine Dion revealed that she was suffering from a rare neurological disorder. The Pop icon on Friday canceled all her remaining shows scheduled for 2023-2024, saying she was not strong enough to tour as she battles a rare neurological disorder.

Last year the 55-year-old Canadian singer revealed that she was suffering from the rare medical condition that was affecting her singing.

“I’m so sorry to disappoint all of you once again… and even though it breaks my heart, it’s best that we cancel everything until I’m really ready to be back on stage,” the My Heart Will Go On songstress tweeted.

“I’m not giving up… and I can’t wait to see you again!” she added.

A statement released by her tour said: “With a sense of tremendous disappointment, Celine Dion’s Courage World Tour today announced the cancellation of all remaining dates currently on sale for 2023 and 2024.”

“I’m working really hard to build back my strength, but touring can be very difficult even when you’re 100%,” the statement quoted Dion as saying.

In December 2022, she posted a tearful video on Instagram to say she had recently been diagnosed with Stiff-Person Syndrome and would not be ready to start a European tour in February as planned.

She said the disorder was causing muscle spasms and was “not allowing me to use my vocal cords to sing the way I’m used to.”

The “Courage World Tour” began in 2019, and Dion completed 52 shows before the Covid-19 pandemic put the remainder on hold.

She later cancelled the North American section of the tour due to health problems.

The tour was to have been the Grammy-winning winner’s first global concert tour in a decade and the first without her husband-manager Rene Angelil, who died from cancer in 2016.

In other news – Tonto Dikeh reveals she is suffering a heart condition

Nollywood actress and politician, Tonto Dikeh, has opened up about her determination to live a long and healthy life despite her ongoing battle with a medical heart condition.

The actress took to her social media platforms to share her heartfelt sentiments, highlighting her strong will to persevere for the sake of her son and her overall well-being.Learn More

Nigerian Celebrities

Nigerian actor John Mr Ibu Okafor to be buried at the end of June

Published

on

Mr Ibu

The late Nigerian actor and comedian John Okafor, popularly known as Mr Ibu, will be buried at the end of June. Okafor passed away in March. According to Nigerian media reports, the Okafor family in Eziokwe Amuri, Nkanu West LGA in Enugu State, released the funeral details in a statement. The family stated that it would like to honour Okafor’s loving memory like the hero and legend he has been, leaving a legacy of love, laughter, and liveliness.

“We would appreciate your esteemed presence as we lay to rest our son, husband, father, grandfather, brother, uncle, and in-law on the 28th of June 2024,” reads the statement.
Kindly join us as we share the best and last moments with our icon.

Mr Ibu

Five-day burial ceremony
The statement said the burial ceremony would commence on June 25, where a high-profile novelty match will take place. It will be followed by a session called Mr Ibu’s Night that will involve a candlelight procession and live entertainment.

On June 27, a Christian wake will be held at his compound in Eziokwe Amuri, Nkanu West, before the funeral service takes place on June 28.Okafor passed away on March 2 at the age of 62 at Evercare Hospital in Lekki, Nigeria.

Mr Ibu

He died of cardiac arrest after a prolonged battle with an ailment that led to one of his legs being amputated. Despite his health challenges, Okafor remained dedicated to his craft until his passing. He only disclosed his health struggles in October 2023. The veteran actor appeared in over 200 Nollywood films, including those from the Mr Ibu series, which was very popular in the early 2000s.

Source: Sundayworld

Continue Reading

Nigerian Celebrities

Junior Pope not buried by river bank – Police

Published

on

John Paul Odonwodo

The Anambra State Police Command says the remains of Nollywood star, John Paul Odonwodo, popularly called Junior Pope, were not among those buried by the bank of the Anam River. The Command’s spokesman, SP Ikenga Tochukwu, made the clarification on Sunday, stating that only three of the deceased families agreed that the victims be buried by the riverside.

He noted that after the burial of the three, one of the families came back to exhume the remains of their daughter for a befitting burial in her country home.Ikenga added that the corpse of Junior Pope was deposited at a morgue.

John Paul Odonwodo

“The Command, on an inquiry about the unconfirmed information that the recovered bodies including Junior Pope were buried by the Riverside where the boat accident happened, discovered that three of the deceased families accepted the victims should be buried beside the river.

“But later, the family of one of the victims decided to exhume the body to be given a proper burial in her state while the other two were still buried there. Also, Junior Pope and one other are still in the morgue and await the deceased families’ funeral arrangements,” he said. The PPRO further stated that the Command is still investigating the unfortunate incident.

John Paul Odonwodo

He said, “The producer of the movie and the two boat drivers’ statements have been obtained, and other necessary actions/moves already emplaced by the operatives as directed by the Commissioner of Police to determine the criminal liability of any person, if any, in the mishap

Source: Dailypost

Continue Reading

Nigerian Celebrities

Singer Paul Okoye hints at remarrying

Published

on

Paul Okoye

Popular singer and half of P-Square, Paul Okoye, aka Rudeboy, has hinted at remarrying. The ‘Reason With Me’ crooner dropped the hint while scolding fans for wishing his divorce from his ex-wife to be toxic.

Paul Okoye

He stated that he would not succumb to their wishes, urging them to accept the reality that he is with his new partner, Ivy Ifeoma.He went on to unveil hashtag options for himself and his partner, Ifeoma.

Paul Okoye

On his Instagram story, Rudeboy wrote: “Some of y’all wish and think all divorces must be toxic, looking for someone to blame so that y’all can be entertained… lol

“#Ifeomanonso Or #Ifynonso. Choose one.  Rudeboy, 41, unveiled Ifeoma, then 22, as his new girlfriend in December 2022, one year after his divorce from his ex-wife Anita Okoye.

Source: Naijanews

In other news – Why I married Boko Haram fighter – Freed Chibok girl

Ten years later, Amina Nkeki, one of the 276 abducted schoolgirls of Government Girls’ Secondary School, Chibok, in Borno State, has said that she married a Boko Haram fighter to get her freedom. Nkeki, who regained freedom in 2016 with a baby and a Boko Haram fighter as her husband, stated this on Channels Television’s Sunrise Daily on Monday monitored by DAILY POST.

 

Freed Chibok girl

She said some of her colleagues gave birth to four children for insurgents who held them hostage. Nkeki said she agreed to marry a Boko Haram fighter while in captivity because she viewed the path as a route of escape from her abductors. Read more

Continue Reading

Trending