Have sweet and spicy shrimp with creamy polenta on the table in 25 minutes flat. The sprinkle of Cajun spice mix adds that classic Louisiana flare.
* 750ml (3 cups) Massel Organic Chicken Liquid Stock
* 170g (1 cup) instant polenta
* 100g butter, chopped
* 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
* 2 tbsp honey
* 3 green shallots, thinly sliced
* 2 garlic cloves, crushed
* 3 tsp gluten-free Cajun spice mix
* 11 ⁄2 tsp smoked paprika
* 1kg green prawns, peeled, deveined, tails intact
* Fresh oregano, to serve
* Charred lemon cheeks, to serve
3 Method / Steps
Bring the stock to a boil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the polenta in a thin, steady stream, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, until incorporated. Reduce heat to low. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until the mixture thickens. Remove from heat. Stir through half the butter. Season.
Heat a large heavy-based frying pan over high heat. Add the remaining butter and cook for 2 minutes or until browned. Add the oil, honey, shallot, garlic, Cajun spice mix and paprika. Stir briefly until combined then quickly add the prawns and cook, tossing, for 3-4 minutes or until the prawns curl and change colour.
Divide the polenta and prawns among serving plates. Sprinkle with oregano and serve with lemon cheeks.
source – cooking365coza