Butternut Cinnabuns Recipe
Sweet, spicy and delicious! Butternut Cinnabuns
4 cups cake flour
½ of a sachet yeast (10g)
1 cup (250ml) cooked and mashed butternut
½ – 1 cup (125ml – 250ml) lukewarm milk
2 Tbsp (30ml) soft butter
2 Tbsp (30ml) granulated sugar
½ tsp salt
⅓ cup (80ml) butter, softened
¾ cup (180ml) sugar
1 Tbsp (15ml) cinnamon
½ cup (125ml) pecan nuts, chopped
½ tub cream cheese, room temperature
4 tablespoons (60ml) butter, softened
1 cup (250ml) icing sugar, sifted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
¼ cup (60ml) milk
– To make the buns, combine the bun ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
– Add enough milk to make a kneadable dough. The softer the dough the better but you need to be able to manage it.
– Knead until smooth – it should take about 10 minutes.
– Cover and leave to double in size – it should take about 1 hour.
– On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough into a rough rectangle of about 40cm x 20cm.
– Spread the butter all along the surface of the dough, coat in cinnamon sugar and scatter the pecan nuts evenly across the dough.
– Roll the dough up from the shortest side to form a long sausage.
– Cut into 12 equal-sized rolls.
– Pop into a greased baking tray (about 30cm x 20cm). Cover and leave to rise for another 30 minutes.
– Preheat the oven to 180C.
– Bake the rolls for 30 minutes or until golden.
– To make the icing, mix all the ingredients together well until smooth.
– Spread the icing all across the rolls and enjoy – they are at their best warm!
source – cooking365coza