Breakfast egg wraps recipe
Enjoy these protein-rich egg wraps filled with mushrooms and tomatoes for a quick, filling and healthy breakfast. It provides iron, folate and fibre.
– 500g pack closed cup mushrooms
– 4 tsp rapeseed oil, plus 2 drops
– 320g cherry tomatoes, halved, or 8 tomatoes, cut into wedges
– 2 generous handfuls of parsley, finely chopped
– 8 tbsp porridge oats (40g)
– 10 eggs
– 4 tsp English mustard powder made up of water
Thickly slice half the pack of mushrooms. Heat 2 tsp rapeseed oil in a non-stick pan. Add the mushrooms, stir briefly then fry with the lid on the pan for 6-8 mins. Stir in half the tomatoes then cook 1-2 mins more with the lid off until softened.
Beat together the eggs really well with the parsley and oats. Heat a drop of oil in a large non-stick frying pan. Pour in a ¼ of the egg mix and fry for 1 min until almost set, flip over as if making a pancake. Tip from the pan, spread with a quarter of the mustard, spoon a ¼ the filling down the centre and roll-up. Now make a second wrap using another ¼ of the egg mix and filling. If you’re following our Healthy Diet Plan, save the rest for the following day.
source – cooking365coza