Food and Drink
Biscuit Barrel Recipe
A batch of biscuits cooling on a wire tray is a lovely treat to come home to. This recipe is a great way to introduce kids to cooking if you can stop them from eating the cookie dough! Just one easy recipe gives you four different biscuit types.
250g white sugar
5ml vanilla essence
2 eggs beaten
600g wheat cake flour
10ml baking powder
Hundreds and thousands
White chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla essence and the eggs.
- Sift the dry ingredients together. Add to the creamed mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Divide into 4 equal pieces and create these variations.
- Roll out the first piece to a thickness of 3mm and cut it out into shapes. Once baked drizzle in melted chocolate.
- Colour pink with a few drops of food colour. Roll into a sausage shape. Roll the sausage in hundreds and thousands.
- Slice and press a halved cherry into each biscuit.
- Add 45 ml white choc chips and 45 ml chopped cranberries.
- Roll into small balls and press lightly with your thumb.
- Roll into balls and then roll the balls in a mixture of brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Place all of the biscuits on greased baking sheets. Bake at for about 8 minutes.
Hints & Tips
Always space the biscuits in neat rows on your baking tray with enough room for spreading. This way they will bake evenly giving you a professional-looking biscuit.
source – cooking365coza