A humble dish that’s packed with flavour and nutritious goodness. Easy to cook with simple ingredients.
– 500 g beef tripe
– 2 tbsp Aromat Chilli Beef
– 2 tbsp of oil
– 1 onion, chopped
– 1 tbsp crushed garlic
– 1 tbsp Rajah mild and spicy curry powder
– 1 tbsp Robertsons paprika
– 1 tsp Robertsons black pepper
– 1 tbsp Knorrox Garlic and Onion Stock Powder
– 500 ml boiling water
– 6 cloves
– 4 bay leaves
1. Wash mogodu thoroughly, removing any excess fat, pat dry with a clean kitchen towel to remove excess water, cut into bite-size pieces then season with Knorr Aromat Chilli Beef.
2. Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat and fry onion and garlic for 3-4 minutes until soft. Add curry powder and paprika and fry for another 2 minutes until aromatic.
3. Add mogodu to the pot along with black pepper and stock powder and combine. Then pour in boiling water.
4. Add cloves and bay leave then cover the pot and simmer on low heat for 4 hours or until mogodu is tender and gravy is thick.
5. Enjoy hot with your choice of starch and sides.
source – cooking365coza