Connect with us

South Africa News

370,000 IDs lying uncollected at Home Affairs – Aaron Motsoaledi

Published

on

Aaron Motsoaledi

The Department of Home Affairs has announced that this weekend their operating hours across the country will be extended ahead of the local government elections. The local government elections are set to take place on Monday, 1 November. The aim of the extension is to accommodate those people who would like to collect or apply for identity documents (IDs) to enable them to vote on Monday.

According to the department, this is also to deal with the high demand for services at Home Affairs offices. In a statement, the department said out of the 412 Home Affairs offices, 197 are modernised Live Capture offices which can process Smart ID Cards and passports.

These are the offices that will operate for extended hours because that is where the high demand is being experienced. Last month, the department urged people to collect their IDs from Home Affairs offices so they can vote in the November Local Government Elections.

According to the department, about 370,000 IDs had not been collected by the end of last week. The department urged citizens to take advantage of the department’s new operating hours. Home Affairs Minister, Dr Aaron Motsoaledi, said they have been receiving a lot of complaints from irate citizens across the country.

“Most of these people have complained about a bad practice by some Home Affairs offices where queues are cut and people sent home presumably because there are already more than enough people to serve for the day.

“We learnt that this wrong practice of sending people home can happen as early as 07:00. We want to emphasise that there is no government policy that provides for that and members of the public should not be treated like that.

“Where it happens, members of the public must challenge it, take down the name of the official who wants to send them home and raise it with the office manager,” Motsoaledi said last week.

Minister Motsoaledi said the temporary extension is only meant to resolve congestion at the identified offices which increased over the last two weeks and this intervention will be supported by the 100% return of staff in all offices.

The only people who will be sent home are those who arrive after 17:30. Everybody who arrives before 17:30 should be served and not turned away.

“Home Affairs exists to deliver enabling documents to people. We can’t turn away people who are looking for public services if they arrive within the stipulated hours of work,” Motsoaledi said.

In the unfortunate event of the system being offline, Motsoaledi said they will ensure quick intervention and appeal to members of the public to understand because this is something beyond their control.

Senior managers will visit offices unannounced to monitor operations on the ground. We urge everyone who comes to our offices to observe social distancing, sanitise their hands regularly and to wear their masks properly, covering their noses and mouths. Nobody will be assisted if they are not wearing their masks properly,” Motsoaledi said.

Source: News365

In other news – SAD scenes: Local Boko Haram gang member shot dead – VIDEO

More and more residents are placing their hope in a mysterious figure known as the John Wick of Mzansi.

Local Boko Haram gang member shot dead

As residents struggle under the rule of the brutal local “Boko Haram” gang, there was jubilation after an alleged leader of a so-called Boko Haram gang in Mamelodi, Tshwane was murdered on Tuesday. Learn more

South Africa News

Manchester City 0-0 Arsenal

Published

on

Manchester City 0-0 Arsenal

Manchester City 0-0 Arsenal. Manchester City and Arsenal handed Liverpool the advantage in the Premier League title race as they played out a bitterly disappointing goalless stalemate at Etihad Stadium.

Liverpool are now top of the table and two points clear of Arsenal after they came from behind to beat Brighton at Anfield, their delight increased by their two closest rivals cancelling each other out.

This was a game that made a nonsense of its billing as a potential classic, as Arsenal’s containing tactics snuffed out City while the Gunners had only limited chances of their own in a desperately poor affair.

Nathan Ake had an early close-range header saved by Arsenal keeper David Raya before going off injured while former City striker Gabriel Jesus posed an occasional threat, just failing to connect with Bukayo Saka’s cross inches from goal after the break.

Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta will be happier than City counterpart Pep Guardiola with this outcome – but the real winners were Jurgen Klopp and Liverpool.

Guardiola’s side were under greater pressure to win this match but their usual fluent passing game was rarely in evidence, stifled by the visitors’ organisation and infuriated by referee Anthony Taylor’s reluctance to punish the Gunners for a succession of infringements.

It led to a scrappy, disjointed game in which City were never allowed to gather their usual momentum and rhythm, with even the best efforts of master creators Kevin de Bruyne and Bernardo Silva unable to carve out meaningful opportunities for Erling Haaland, who was kept on the margins throughout.

The hosts held sway in possession for most of the second half but it was illustrative of the game that Raya barely had an anxious moment, his counterpart Stefan Ortega also idle for long periods.

Indeed, it is the first time City have failed to score at home in the Premier League since October 2021, a run of 47 games.

The reigning champions, as usual, will remain confident of retaining their title but Guardiola will be bitterly disappointed at his side’s failure to trouble Arsenal, with substitute Jack Grealish on the end of some lengthy post-match advice from his manager.

City are back here at Etihad Stadium to face in-form Aston Villa on Wednesday night knowing they cannot afford any more slip-ups in this tight Premier League title pursuit.

Arsenal arrived at Manchester City with a point to make and a chance to show their improvement at a ground where they have had a miserable record in the past.

The Gunners last won here in January 2015, drawing one and losing eight of their subsequent nine visits before this game.

Here, Arteta set his side out to be fiercely drilled and well-organised to frustrate, a strategy seemingly designed to earn the point they secured rather than risk more for victory.

It was a conservative approach but what it did demonstrate was that Arsenal do have more resilience and character than on previous occasions, when they have sometimes capitulated under City’s attacking assault.

Arteta’s side were composed but also willing to throw bodies on the line when danger threatened, not that they were ever in serious peril of conceding – a tribute to their display in itself.

They have kept clean sheets in both games against Manchester City this season, making them only the fourth team to shut out a Guardiola side twice in the same season.

Whether this is one point gained or two lost remains to be seen, but Arteta seemed satisfied enough at the final whistle.

source – BBC

Continue Reading

South Africa News

A Comprehensive launch of New South African Online Casino Portal

Published

on

South African Online Casino

Johannesburg, South Africa – In an exciting development for South African online casino enthusiasts, the much-anticipated launch of GamblingSA.co.za marks a significant milestone in the evolution of online gambling in South Africa. Managed by industry veteran Rachel Williams, who brings over 18 years of experience to the table, this comprehensive portal promises to revolutionize the way South African players engage with online casinos.

Unparalleled Transparency and Reliability

GamblingSA.co.za sets a new standard in the online gambling industry with its commitment to providing South African players with the most reliable and up-to-date information on online casinos. Understanding the unique needs of the local market, Williams and her team have curated a platform that prioritizes the preferences of South African players, from offering the ability to play in ZAR to ensuring the ease of deposits and withdrawals.

A Rigorous Review Process

At the heart of GamblingSA.co.za’s offering is its unbiased and thorough review method. “We examine online casinos with a fine-tooth comb to ensure they meet our strict criteria, which includes safe banking options, efficient customer service, fair bonus wagering requirements, and quality game selections,” explains Williams. “Our goal is to recommend only the best online casinos that allow our players to gamble with confidence and convenience.”

Top Recommendations for South African Players

The portal proudly presents its top six recommended online casinos for South African players, each offering attractive no deposit bonuses and a wide array of games:

  1. Springbok Casino – Enjoy a R500 Free No Deposit Bonus at SA’s top-rated online casino.
  2. Europa Casino – Secure a R375 Free No Deposit Bonus when opening a new account.
  3. Yebo Casino – Grab a R350 Risk-Free Bonus when you sign up.
  4. Silver Sands Casino – Claim a R400 No Deposit Bonus and a 200% match up to R1000.
  5. 10Bet Casino – Get a R50 Free Bet No Deposit Bonus plus an additional R3000 bonus on deposit.
  6. ZAR Casino – Receive a 100 Free Spins No Deposit Bonus and a 200% match up to R30,000 free.
  7. Yeti Casino – Receive a 23 Free Spins No Deposit Bonus and a 100% match up to R3,333 free.
  8. Punt Casino – Receive a R350 Free No Deposit Bonus and a 100% up to R3,500free.
  9. Tusk Casino – Receive a 50 Free Spins No Deposit and a 100% UP TO R5,000 free.
  10. Thunderbolt Casino – Receive a R350 Free No Deposit Bonus and a R10,000 Free Welcome Bonus.

A Commitment to the South African Online Casino Community

With GamblingSA.co.za, players gain access to the largest online gambling guide in South Africa, featuring exclusive promotions, expert gambling tips, and comprehensive guides tailored to the South African market. “Our mission is to provide an unparalleled online gambling experience for our players, ensuring they have access to the best casinos, bonuses, no deposit casino bonuses, free spins and information, all tailored to meet their specific needs,” states Williams.

For more information and to explore the world of online gambling in South Africa, visit GamblingSA.co.za.

About GamblingSA.co.za:

GamblingSA.co.za is South Africa’s premier online casino portal, offering comprehensive reviews, exclusive bonuses, and expert advice to South African online casino players. Managed by industry veteran Michelle Williams, the site is dedicated to enhancing the online gambling experience for players across South Africa, ensuring they have access to safe, reliable, and enjoyable online gambling options.

Contact Information:

Rachel Williams, Manager
GamblingSA.co.za

Continue Reading

South Africa News

Corps members have been warned against traveling without obtaining permission

Published

on

Corps members

Corps members have been warned against traveling without obtaining permission from the National Youth Service Corps, NYSC. The Director General of the NYSC, Brigadier General YD Ahmed says such act attracts punishment while addressing Corps members in Oyo and Ogun states orientation camp on Wednesday.

He said unauthorized journey attract sanctions, adding that no employer is allowed to grant permission to Corps members to travel.He informed the Corps members that all services in NYSC are free, warning that they should beware of online advertisers and fraudsters that may offer posting and redeployment to them for a fee.

The DG also implored the Corps members to adhere strictly to the NYSC dress code, adding that improper dressing in NYSC uniform attracts sanctions.

“Don’t dress anyhow. Dress as good ambassadors of NYSC and always abide by all NYSC rules and regulations,

“Respect the culture and tradition of your host communities when you leave camp. Make good impact on the communities and in your place of primary assignments”, the DG said.

He stated that efforts are still on-going towards the signing of the NYSC Trust Fund bill into law.

General Ahmed urged the Corps Members to participate actively in all the camp activities and also ensure that they establish long lasting friendship among themselves before leaving the Orientation Camp.

The Director General admonished them to avoid idleness but rather engage themselves with meaningful activities that will add value to them in addition to their certificates.

The NYSC Oyo State Coordinator, Mr Odoba Abel Oche, while presenting the Orientation Camp brief to the Director General, stated that the Corps members’ behaviour have been very commendable.

Similarly, the NYSC Ogun State Coordinator, Mrs Olayinka Nasamu, said a total of 2,350 Corps members have been registered. 1,318 for Ogun State and 1,032 for Lagos State.

“Ogun registered 496 male and 822 female while Lagos registered 414 male and 618 female”, Nasamu said.

Source: dailypost

In other news – Young Jonn undergoes hair transplant surgery

Nigerian record producer and singer, John Saviours Udomboso, aka Young Jonn, has undergone a successful hair transplant surgery.

 

Young Jonn

The ‘Xtra Cool’ crooner shared a video and photos from the surgical room in Spain via his X handle on Wednesday. Read more

Continue Reading

Trending