Crunchy peanuts and spicy chilli come together in this fragrant chicken dinner.
* 2 x 250g packet microwave long-grain white rice
* 2 tbsp vegetable oil
* 600g chicken thigh fillets, excess fat trimmed, cut into 3cm pieces
* 2 red capsicums, deseeded, cut into 2cm pieces
* 2 long fresh red chillies, sliced
* 80g (1/2 cup) salted peanuts
* 1 x 145g packet Lee Kum Kee Ready Sauce for Kung Pao Chicken
* 1 tbsp finely grated fresh ginger
* 5 green shallots, shredded
3 Method / Steps
Heat the rice following packet instructions. Set aside.
Heat the oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 7 minutes or until browned. Remove from the pan and set aside. Add capsicum, chilli and peanuts to the pan. Cook, stirring often, for 3 minutes or until the capsicum is softened slightly.
Reduce heat to medium. Return the chicken to the pan. Add the kung pao sauce, ginger, 80ml (1/3 cup) water, rice and half the shallot. Stir well to combine. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 6 minutes or until the mixture is heated through. Top with the remaining shallot to serve.
source – cooking365coza