Pesto Braai Toasties Recipe
Bored of veggie burgers and sausages? Try a pesto and cheese toasted sandwich on the braai.
– 8 slices of bread
– 2 tablespoons butter, melted
– 2 tablespoons store-bought basil pesto
– 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
– 1 tomato, thinly sliced
– Salt & pepper, to taste
* Brush the melted butter onto each slice of bread (outside bread).
* Turn over and place on a large board ensuring the butter side is facing the board.
* Spread 4 slices of bread with basil pesto and top with cheese.
* Add the tomato, salt & pepper.
* Top with the other slice of bread (making sure the butter side is facing you).
* Place onto a medium-heat braai making sure to turn frequently.
* When the bread is golden brown and cheese is melted, take off the braai and place it onto a clean board.
* Cut into halves and serve immediately.
source – cooking365.co.za