5-ingredient chicken and broccoli pasta recipe
Have this cheat’s creamy pasta on the table in 20! Simply shred a roast chook, add chopped broccoli, sun-dried tomatoes, Boursin cheese and voilà. Can’t find Boursin cheese? Replace with chopped cream cheese and 2 crushed garlic cloves.
* 350g broccoli, cut into small florets, stems cut into matchsticks
* 300g dried curly fettuccine pasta
* 1⁄2 barbecued chicken, skin and bones removed, meat coarsely shredded
* 2 x 80g Boursin Garlic & Herbs cheese
* 125g (3⁄4 cup) sun-dried tomatoes, coarsely chopped
3 Method / Steps
Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Add the broccoli and cook for 2 minutes or until bright green and tender-crisp. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the broccoli to a bowl. Add the pasta to the boiling water and cook following packet directions or until al dente.
While the pasta cooks heat a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken, broccoli, cheese and tomato. Use a ladle to transfer 250ml (1 cup) of pasta cooking water to the chicken mixture. Stir until the cheese melts. Continue to cook, tossing, for 2-3 minutes or until heated through.
Drain the pasta and add to the broccoli mixture. Toss until well combined. Season.
source – tastecom