The whole family will love this pizza inspired love lunch loaf, great for picnics or school lunches.
– 1 1/4 cups self-raising flour
– 1 cup grated mozzarella
– 3 green onions, thinly sliced
– 12 slices Hungarian salami, cut into 1cm pieces
– 1/2 cup pitted mixed marinated olives, halved, plus extra to serve
– 1/2 cup semi-dried tomato strips, chopped
– 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
– 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh basil leaves, plus extra leaves to serve
– 4 eggs, lightly beaten
– 1/4 cup light-flavoured extra virgin olive oil
– 1/2 cup milk
3 Method / Steps
Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan-forced. Grease a 7cm-deep, 9.5cm x 19.5cm loaf pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 2cm above pan on all sides.
Place flour in a large bowl. Add mozzarella, onion, salami, olives, tomato, parsley and basil. Season. Stir until well combined.
Make a well in the centre of the flour mixture. Add egg, oil and milk. Stir until just combined. Pour into prepared pan. Bake for 55 minutes to 1 hour or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Stand in pan for 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Slice. Serve with extra basil leaves and olives.
source – cooking365coza