No-Cook Creamy Tomato Pasta recipe
This incredibly satisfying no-cook creamy tomato pasta will be ready in 15 minutes and it’s your perfectly simple weeknight dinner!
– 12 oz favourite pasta of choice
For the sauce:
– 12 oz fresh tomatoes
– 1/4 cup almonds
– 1 clove garlic
– 30 basil leaves
– 1 tsp capers
– 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
– 1/2 tsp salt
* Bring the water to a boil, add salt, and cook your pasta al dente.
* While the pasta is cooking, put the almonds in a blender or food processor and blend for a few seconds until you get something that resembles an almond meal.
* Add the tomatoes (if using vine tomatoes, cut them in half), extra-virgin olive oil, washed basil leaves, peeled garlic clove, capers, salt, and blend until you reach a smooth, creamy consistency. Taste and add more salt if needed.
* Once the pasta is cooked, drain it and then put it back in the pan. Add the creamy sauce and mix for a couple of minutes on low heat until warm.
* Add some parmesan on top (vegan or not) and some fresh basil leaves, and enjoy!
Calories: 446kcal | Carbohydrates: 69g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 314mg | Potassium: 463mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 867IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 55mg | Iron: 2mg
source – cooking365coza