Travel and protocol assistant required – Apply Here. Grade: No grade
Contractual Arrangement: Special Services Agreement (SSA)
Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days): 6 Months
Job Posting: Dec 19, 2021, 4:30:03 AM
Closing Date: Dec 23, 2021, 4:59:00 PM
Primary Location: Nigeria-Abuja
Organization: AF_NGA Nigeria
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that the deadline for receipt of applications indicated above reflects your personal device’s system settings.
Under the general supervision of the WHO country representative and direct supervision of the Administrative Officer, the incumbent of the position will primarily deal with following tasks;
- Assist in processing of visas at the embassies, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Nigeria Immigration and arrange visa at the port of entry where the need arises.
- Support in making flight reservations through the travel agents and pick up tickets for staff members and participants going for various meetings, workshop, seminars and conferences within and outside the country.
- Collate and process supplier’s invoices, liaise with GSC and Finance units to ensure timely payment of tickets and reconcile payments with travel agents.
- Provide airport reception by ensuring speedy passage through the immigrations and customs.
- Assist in preparing note verbale, visa support letters and attestation letters to those travelling on WHO missions.
- Support other programmes in preparing travel requests through GSM for staff and non-staff members.
- Keeps the travel files up-to-date and attend to inquiries regarding travel files, correspondence and transaction/operations.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned by Supervisor.
1. Producing results
4. Building and promoting partnerships across the organization and beyond
5. Knowing and managing yourself
Functional Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent knowledge and ability to make travel arrangement at competitive costs. Good knowledge of the tourism and related industry.
- Ability to acquire sound knowledge of WHO rules, regulations and procedures.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with people at various levels and of different nationalities.
Essential: Completion of secondary school education with training in business administration or related field
Desirable: University degree or its equivalent in Business Administration, social sciences or related fields and training in protocol management
Essential: At least 4 years’ experience commensurate with the duties of the post and its grade in WHO, UN agencies or other international organization.
Desirable: WHO or UN agencies experience in the management of travels and protocol.
Languages: Excellent knowledge of English. Knowledge of French will be an added advantage
Other Skills (e.g. IT)
Computer literacy in basic software programmes, in particular, basic word-processing, data management programmes, electronic communication technology and excel.