Research Assistant Wanted – Apply Here. Description
We particularly encourage applications from women and persons with special ability, to increase representation for them at management levels and across MSION.
Marie Stopes International Organisation Nigeria (MSION) is a result-oriented social enterprise, which uses design thinking, strategic and innovative management systems, traditional and digital marketing techniques to provide reproductive and family health care services through multiple channels of service delivery and products distribution. MSION’s goal is to meet the needs of underserved Nigerians and significantly improve access to a range of quality reproductive health services. MSION is part of Marie Stopes International’s Global Partnership, which has operational presence in over 37 countries.
We are proud to have a national team of about half-a-million, made up of young, professional, vibrant, creative, innovative, dynamic, and upwardly mobile intrapreneurs with an average age of mid-thirty. We have broad representation across workforce generations, with increasing rate of diversity, equality, and inclusion. Our team work daily, going beyond borders, to serve women, men, and adolescents in Nigeria.
The Client Exit Interview (CEI) is an annual facility-based survey conducted across MSI partnership. The survey is used to assess clients’ perspective of the quality of sexual and reproductive health (SRH) service they received in MSION supported facilities.
CEI results are used to measure country program/ channel performance on key indicators; compare progress over the years; make informed decision to improve clients experience and programme performance. The objectives of the survey are to assess the:
- profile of the clients accessing SRH services through MSION’s service delivery channels
- clients’ perspectives of the quality of care including counselling, pain management, and client cantered care
- performance of marketing strategies and potential opportunities for future marketing
- explore views on how client’s experiences might be improves
The survey is conducted Marie Stopes channels across the 36 states including the federal capital territory. It involves the use of a standardized electronic questionnaire for Client Exit Interviews. The target population are SRH) clients between the ages of 15 and 49 including vulnerable population such as persons living with disability, poor women/girls and adolescents in urban, as well as rural areas including living in camps, and hard to reach communities across Nigeria. The CEI questionnaire will only be administered only to SRH clients who received services on the same day of the interview and consented to be interviewed before they exit the facility.
The key responsibilities of the research assistant include the following:
- Participate in a 4-days training of all research assistants. The training will focus on the following:
o Survey methodology including ample size, sampling procedure, quality assurance approach
o How to identify eligible clients for recruitment into the survey
o How to obtain informed consent and interview the clients
o How to use electronic questionnaire configured on mobile device to capture all responses from clients
o How to upload all data collected and refusal logs to ONA server
o How to use the refusal log
o Channel of communication to address issues
o Completion of activity report to supervisor.
- Work with the supervisor to finalise the survey workplan for the assigned health facilities
- Work with the SRH service provider to recruit eligible clients to participate in the survey using the approved recruitment approach.
- Obtain written informed consent of the recruited clients
- Interview the clients who consent to the be interviewed within the stipulated number of days and upload the data to the server
- Document all refusals using the refusal tool provided
- Keep a daily diary of the number of eligible exit clients, number recruited, number of refusals, number of interviews completed and uploaded to the server
- Submit all signed or thump printed informed consent forms to the supervisor
- Review activities daily with the supervisor and report any observation that may affect the survey
- Submit field activity report using the template provided upon completion of the fieldwork
Note: The role contributes to furthering MSI’s Vision: to create A WORLD IN WHICH EVERY BIRTH IS WANTED and its mission of ensuring the individual’s right to: CHILDREN BY CHOICE NOT CHANCE.
Terms of engagement
1. Contract Duration
The consultancy period will span across the entire month of November; however, actual working days for each research assistant may differ and will be communicated after the selection.
- Only research assistants who can speak, read and write the predominant local language of the state they preselected will be recruited and trained
- Only research assistants who are resident in the state they preselected will be recruited and trained
- Only trained research assistants who pass the post training tests will be deployed to the field
3. Termination of Contract:
The consultancy may be terminated in writing upon 5 days of notice by the Research Assistant or MSION.
MSION Behaviours / Core Values / Statement
- Mission driven: With unwavering commitment, we exist to empower women and men to have children by choice not chance.
- Client centred: We are passionate about our clients and dedicate our efforts to delivering agreed objectives to the highest possible quality.
- Accountable: We are accountable for our actions and take responsibility for everything we do to ensure long term sustainability and increased impact.
- Courageous: We recruit and nurture talented, passionate and brave people who have the courage to push boundaries, make tough decisions and challenge others in line with our mission.
Qualifications and Experience
- First degree in an or equivalent in any discipline is essential
- Previous experience in field data collection using electronic questionnaire is essential
- Previous experience in face-face data collection during pandemic like COVID-19 is essential
- Proficiency in the predominant local language of the location of choice
- Technology savvy
- Excellent oral communication skills.
- Excellent attitude to learning, and patient with vulnerable population including persons living with disability
- Team player
- Flexibility to operate in a changing environment including conflict settings
- Only female research assistants can apply
Mode of application
- Complete the pre-engagement form using the weblink: https://forms.office.com/r/yKgM10Uwp3
- Submit your detailed curriculum vitae to [email protected] on or before September 20, 2021.
Only eligible candidates will be contacted