Project Coordinator Wanted – Apply Here.
- Support in project start-up and ongoing project management and administration of activities including beneficiary/community identification, refugees screening site mapping, planning and implementing of all sector activities, working with partners and facilitating monitoring.
- Ensure the current IHANN project for IDPs implemented by FHI 360 is leveraged on for seamless collaboration and fluid referrals and access to services.
- Map all health facilities and other resources for identification of and access to such services for IDPs
- Support health facilities with improved skills for service delivery to IDPs and host communities
- Provide technical assistance to teams on effective service delivery.
- Institute system for continuous quality improvement of delivery of quality health care services in supported facilities
- Contribute to all field work, including working collaboratively with other FHI 360 staff in Borno state in the implementation of all planned interventions including identification of existing and establishing referral networks, monitoring and supporting IDPs throughout the intervention period.
- Coordinating with community leaders and other stakeholders and other field-based tasks as assigned.
- Contribute to effective program reporting, monitoring and evaluation systems for both internal and external use in coordination with the other program staff.
- Integrate community approaches, gender sensitivity and capacity building into all activities as appropriate.
- Conduct monitoring and data collection as directed by the Response Coordinator, assisting with specific surveys or assessments as needed.
- Contribute to providing the Country Director with up-to-date information on the affected and targeted community and coordinates beneficiary lists and numbers with different stakeholders.
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to FHI 360 and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission in the area of operation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- MBBS/MD or similar degree with 5-7 years’ relevant experience with international development programs which includes 5 years’ experience with Health program planning and implementation at the community or state level, administration and compliance of a field-based international development or humanitarian program; general program management experience required.
- Or MS/MA in social science, public health or related field, MPH preferred, and a minimum of 7-9 years’ relevant experience with international development programs which includes 5 years’ experience with Health program planning and implementation at the community or state level working with public and NGO sectors.
- Or BS/BA in social science, public health or related field, with a minimum of 9-11 years’ relevant experience with international development programs which includes 5 years’ experience with Health program planning and implementation at the community or state level working with public and NGO sectors.
- Prior experience implementing any form of protection support is required,
- Experience with providing health and non – health interventions strongly preferred.
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders to identify IDPs according to criteria required.
- Experience representing the organization and its interests to a diverse range of local and international government officials, local civil society organizations, other international organizations, the media and the public.
- Commitment to renewing and maintaining knowledge of best practices
- Demonstrated training and facilitation experience
- Ability to work under pressure
- Demonstrated strengths in analytical skills, monitoring and evaluation, and report writing
- Strong interpersonal, intercultural and communication skills
- Excellent oral and written skills and computer skills
- Fluency in English; fluency in Hausa and Kanuri is required.
- Ideally s/he will have previous experience in working in large-scale emergency programs in insecure and conflict-affected contexts, including remote management and capacity development.
- S/he is a problem solver, who is adept in successfully dealing with issues of complexity.
- S/he is an active listener and contributor, working to create a strong team share ideas and learn.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.