Procurement and Supplies Coordinator Wanted – Apply Here. We are looking for a Procurement and Supplies Coordinator to be based in Yola, who has the responsibility of ensuring that procurement processes at the field office level are being done in line with Search procurement policies and that the office has available fleet of vehicles to support program activities.
S/he will ensure that the fixed assets at the field office are managed in line with the asset management guidelines and records are properly maintained. S/he will also ensure that the stores are well managed with records properly maintained. S/he will also support the field office in managing administrative functions including office management, security property management, stores and other related support functions.
S/he will work under the direct supervision of the Admin and Procurement Manager and closely with the Programs team. The position holder may supervise Procurement, admin and logistics assistants and/or interns. This position is located in Yola.
Duration: 9 months with possibility of extension
The roles and responsibilities include:
- Promptly coordinate Search procurement activities in collaboration with the Admin and Procurement Manager in line with search and donor policies
- Ensure Search procurement guidelines are adhered to in all Search offices in Nigeria
- Enforce compliance with procurement threshold and procedures
- Ensure Search procurement processes are legal and ethical
- Regularly update the PR tracker to reflect stages of procurement for each request
- Conduct quote analysis and draft selection memos
- Interact with contractors in coordination with Admin and Procurement Manager
- Ensure prompt and correct filing of procurement-related documents both hard and e-copy
- Support Invitation to bids process.
Administrative & Logistics Management
- Supervise the maintenance of office equipment and oversee repairs
- Manage the office fleet and approve any private vehicle hire
- Oversee vehicle repairs
- Maintain and review office logs on travel, inventory and fuel usage for generator, vehicles etc.
- Support staff travel arrangements, relevant documentation (tickets, accommodation etc.) and any necessary travel support
- Prepare and submit a monthly logistics report about the above to the Procurement, Admin and Logistics Manager.
- Coordinate procurement process of goods and services, ensure necessary documentation
- Maintain and update vendor’s database for necessary goods and services
- Monitor quality and control cost on various office supplies, stationery, hotel accommodation, transportation and other equipment
- Provide support to HR where needed
- Any other function required to undertake broadly in line with above functions.
- Work with Admin team to draft LPOs for contractors
- Collaborate with the Admin team to ensure a regularly updated inventory tracker for all assets purchased
- Coordinate with the Admin and Procurement Manager to draft Contracts
- Coordinate with finance unit to ensure payments to vendors are timely
- Ensure proper tracking of all Search assets throughout the country
- Accountable for proper tracking of assets using Equipment Issue / Receipt forms.
- Support asset verification process and submission of asset reports to the Admin and Procurement Manager for review.
- Ensure spot-checks are done systematically, documented and reported for all Search assets, inventory and equipment.
Qualities should include ability to;
- Actively engage and support the program teams in procurement planning to ensure timely delivery of project inputs and activities.
- Plan and engage with Project Managers to understand contract specifications
- Plan and engage with suppliers to develop a profile of delivery capability which results in effective market engagement.
- Identify, negotiate and implement contract & framework agreements which result in efficiencies in line with financial and forecasting requirements.
- Maintain accurate auditable records of all procurement process which result in high process compliance.
Expected deliverable – Regularly updated;
- Vendor database
- Inventory database
- Purchase request tracker
- Lease tracker
- Contract database
This position will close on 10th September., 2021.
- You are required to meet the following qualifications:
- At least 3-5 years of professional experience in similar role.
- Candidate should have a minimum of bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Business administration, finance, procurement, logistics or supply chain management. Master’s degree and Professional qualification in the relevant field is an added advantage.
- Experience working with donors including USAID, BPRM, UNHC, UNICEF, DFID, ECHO, and EU, and knowledge of specific donor guidelines.
- Experience in working with international organizations at least for 2 years.
- Leadership, supervision, good interpersonal and decision making skills are required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Strong writing skills
- Very good analytical skills
- Ability to delegate duties or request assistance when required
- Strong computer competency with word processing, spreadsheets, and databases.
- Demonstrate high level organizational and time management skills, including the ability to plan and manage workflows and balance competing priorities to ensure timely processing to meet deadlines in a complex environment.
- Demonstrate ability to respond effectively to challenges, work effectively in a cross functional, diverse and busy team environment with minimal supervision.
Competencies? You are expected to demonstrate:
- Leading and supervising: Has the ability to influence, motivate, and enable others to contribute toward the effectiveness and success of SFCG. Is able to build trust within team and acts with integrity.
- Accountability: Being accountable and passing on accountability for one’s own actions and those of colleagues and the organization.
- Attention to detail: The ability to process detailed information effectively and consistently
- Collaboration: The ability to work effectively with others in order to achieve a shared goal – even when the object at stake is of no direct personal interest possibilities.
- Creativity: The ability to come up with original and innovative ideas and solutions, to adopt points of view outside the usual parameters.
- Focus on Quality: Setting high quality standards and striving for continuous improvement and quality assurance.
- Learning Ability: The ability to absorb new information readily and to put it into practice effectively
- Adaptability: The ability to remain fully functional by adapting to changing circumstances (environment, procedures and people).
Hausa (an added advantage)
As job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the position holder may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
Only applicants invited for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Please see our website www.sfcg.org for full details of our work.
All Search Employees must adhere to the values: Collaboration- Audacity – Tenacity – Empathy – Results. In accordance with these values, Search enforces compliance with the Code of Conduct and related policies on Anti Workplace Harassment, Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Conflict of Interest and Anti-fraud.
Search is committed to safeguarding the interests, rights, and well-being of children, youth and vulnerable adults with whom it is in contact and to conducting its programs and operations in a manner that is safe for children, youth, and vulnerable adults.
Search for Common Ground does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.
Job Type: Full-time