Monitoring and Evaluation Officer Needed – Apply Here.
JOB TITLE: MONITORING & EVALUATION OFFICER
Reports to: SUSTAINABILITY OPERATIONS MANAGER
Office Location; Sagamu Ogun State
Barry Callebaut, the world’s largest cocoa and chocolate producer, is seeking to recruit a Monitoring & Evaluation officer whose primary objective is to establish efficient data collection and analysis systems and processes that drive Operational Excellence. The position is embedded in BC Nigeria local sustainability team. The Monitoring & Evaluations officer is the engine that always strives for data quality, efficient systems in all our operational activities. The successful candidate needs to be results driven and enjoy developing processes that focus on continuous efficiency, effectiveness and innovation. You will be responsible for inputs, outcomes and impact of all sustainability program activities.
Manages the Monitoring and Evaluation of all sustainability activities
- Oversees and coordinate all work related to Monitoring and Evaluation
- Lead M&E activities across all client projects and support Ops manager in reporting requirements of clients programs
- Support Sustainability Ops Manager to develop and implement a clear Monitoring & Evaluation plan for the country
- Oversees and Coordinates the application of Geographic Information System (GIS) in project activities. This includes mapping of all farmers’ farms, processing and generating farm polygons.
- Drives adoption of all BC data tools in Nigeria, designs where necessary supplementary data collection tools to enhance data collection and analysis
- Facilitate implementation of evaluation studies to ascertain outcomes and impact of sustainability activities
Manages data analysis and business intelligence for Country Program
- Builds data queries and data connections to maximize visibility, accessibility and aggregation of raw project data.
- Models data to create dynamic visual dashboards, including charts with drill-down capacity, maps, matrices, key performance indicators (KPIs) and data filters.
- Interprets data visualizations and analyses to identify strong and weak points in project implementation in order to provide data-driven recommendations to improve project implementation.
- Responds to ad hoc requests from HQ, project managers and technical colleagues to generate customized analyses, visual reports and maps.
Data Collection SOP Development and Compliance
- Ensures compliance with data quality standards and maintains a fully auditable data trail for all M&E indicator figures that are reported.
- Leads the design and integration of additional tools and applications into the Katchile App as requested by management and technical staff.
- Enforces policy on data capture, entry and timeliness among project staff.
- Designs data capture forms to be used to collect information on project activities which are fully compatible with the electronic forms in KApp.
- Support for Field Operations
- Support Sustainability operations Manager to compile sustainability database from various projects and profile related documentations for audit and other compliance verifications
- Support the analysis of compliance issues and solutions to issues/problems that are identified as well as corrective action plans for farms and farmers compliance improvement
- Support the sustainability operations manager to achieve compliance at all levels regarding internal and external policies, regulations and laws pertaining to all standard protocols under implementation
- Ensure weekly reconciliation of all operational activities
- Complete monthly report on time
- Present M&E activities at monthly meetings
- Participate and present results at Corporate M&E monthly meetings
- Prepare monthly report for all farmer groups
- Support sustainability operations manager to document all sustainable volumes at society and farmer levels
REQUIRED ACADEMIC & TECHNICAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor degree required in geographic information science, Agriculture, Economics, statistics, geography, surveying or urban planning, or equivalent from an accredited college or university;
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in monitoring and evaluation methodologies (i.e. both quantitative and qualitative data collection, processing, and analysis);
- Demonstrated experience in monitoring and evaluation, collaboration, learning, and adapting (CLA) approach;
- Understanding of agricultural production, market systems, and livelihood programming; and
- Demonstrated practical experience in using monitoring and evaluation and learning activities to inform program implementation and results.
- Experience in the Origin country is highly preferred due to cultural sensitivities and work culture adaptation considerations
- Project team management experience
- Well versed in Microsoft Excel/ GIS tools applications
- Experience in using and reporting from SAP and other databases, experience in database design a plus
- Strong analytical and critical skills to ensure excellence in data and consistency in KPI reporting
- Experience with setting up and running field-based experiments for impact analysis a plus
- Experience with designing or working in sustainable KPI frameworks
- Self-starter, Independent and quick learning ability is key
- Ability to explain complex reporting processes to end-users with strong coaching and training skills
- Experience in Agri-environment issues, child labor, farmer livelihood highly desirable
ADDITIONAL CONSIDERATIONS OR COMMENTS
- Frequent missions up-country, in order to follow the operations link to his function and go with customers during their visits.
MARKETING THE ROLE
- Stable employment in an international organization
- Collaborative atmosphere with like-minded individuals who are passionate about cocoa and chocolate.
- The ability to grow your career within an organization that values development and internal career growth.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE / KNOWLEDGE
- Minimum 3 years similar work experience (multinational experience being a plus)
- Strong listening and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal teams and team work
- Attention to details and reporting capability
- Strong multitasking skills and solution minded
- Business and entrepreneur spirit
- Fluent in English and local native languages of the Nigerian cocoa belt are a must
- Client relationship enhancement and program growth knowledge
TECHNICAL / FUNCTIONAL COMPETENCIES
- All certification scheme and sustainability standard knowledge
- Strong Project Management skills
- Microsoft Office suite (excel, word, PowerPoint,)
- Economic / Engineering/ Agronomic background
- Budget and Performance management,
- Solid in reporting,
- Resource planning.
INTERPERSONAL / LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES
- Attention to detail
- Deadline Oriented
- Time Management
- Communication skills.
- People- Oriented/Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to balance competing priorities
- Professionalism & consistency in delivering targets
- Problem solving skills.