Logistics Officer Required – Apply Here. Position Title: Logistics Officer
Duty Station: Maiduguri, Nigeria
Reports to: Deputy Response Coordinator
Under the supervision of the Deputy Response Coordinator, the successful candidate will be responsible for implementation of all activities related to transportation, warehousing, asset management and quality control. Core Functions / Responsibilities: Responsible for monitoring and detailed recording of all warehouse and stock movement activities consistent with FHI360 procedures requiring complete, accuracy and timely delivery. Ensure proper warehouse management. This includes storage space, condition, and the actual storage of stock. Prepare appropriate forms for cargo movement ensuring approval by supervisor in consultation with the relevant program coordinator and security coordinator.
Coordinate with vendors in ensuring timely delivery of goods from Maiduguri to various field locations and vice versa. Ensure maximum availability and implementation of controls and monitoring mechanisms for all logistics assets such as vehicles and generators and all other technical items using either petrol or diesel to maximize efficiency and ensure regular maintenance. Responsible for overseeing and monitoring asset management and updating asset list as required.
Working closely with field Coordinators in ensuring all items classified as assets are properly tagged and documented for accountability. Process logistics related requests from various field offices in a timely manner and providing feedback within the shortest time possible. Assist with the bidding process by providing support for procurement transactions, analysing them for conformity to specified requirements; assist in conducting appraisals and supplier selection in conformance to FHI360 standards. Maintain a close relationship with Procurement and Finance unit to ensure that payments are processed promptly and accurately. Perform such other duties as may be required.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- University degree in relevant field. Technical qualification highly desirable.
- 3-5 Years previous experience in similar capacity preferably NGO.
- Or MSc. in relevant field with 1 – 3 years relevant logistics experience.
- Substantial knowledge of standard logistics procedures and practices.
- Good working knowledge of MS office applications. MS Excel, MS Office, MS Outlook etc.
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms;
- Integrity- Conducts business in an ethical manner;
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others;
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience;
- Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving service delivery.
- Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter;
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
- Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions and trends.
- Ability to multitask and deal with stressful situations.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.