Logistics Assistant Wanted – Apply Here. Grade: No grade, Contractual Arrangement: Special Services Agreement (SSA), Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days): 6 Months
Job Posting: Dec 19, 2021, 6:46:27 AM, Closing Date: Dec 23, 2021, 4:59:00 PM, Primary Location: Nigeria-Abuja, Organization: AF_NGA Nigeria
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that the deadline for receipt of applications indicated above reflects your personal device’s system settings. Under the overall supervision of the Operations Officer and the functional guidance of the Technical Officer for Operations, the incumbent will perform the following functions:
- Maintain an up-to-date record of all EPI fixed assets and attractive items. Supervise physical verification of fixed assets and generate collated quarterly reports from zonal logistics assistants. Maintain custody of fixed assets barcodes and accept assets in GSM while barcoding. Generate annual fixed assets movement cards based on the WHO e-manual XIII.2.
- Provide guidance on handling of nonfunctional equipment and assist with arrangements for proper disposal.
- Conduct logistics function at the country office pertaining to office and official residences maintenance and management. Follow-up with relevant Government counterpart for transactions relating to the premises.
- Support verification of radio and satellite communication equipment for tracking and billing in close consultation with radio room and radio technicians.
- Liaise regularly with zonal and state offices to monitor operations activities and report on vehicle, staff movement, facilities maintenance and security related matters from zones.
- Regularly assess logistics needs for zonal and state offices and summarize recommendations for implementation.
- Prepare a monthly report to the Operations Officer on Logistic activities across the country including fixed assets, facilities maintenance and movement of stocks, office consumables and office equipment.
- Prepare monthly inventory report with indicative analysis giving recommendations on need for replacement and/or purchase of additional equipment.
- Provide logistics support for upcoming logistics requirements as may be required.
- Perform other duties assigned by supervisor
2. Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
4. Ensuring the effective use of resources
5. Producing results
Functional Knowledge and Skills
Very good understanding of operations and logistics in a complex work environment.
Excellent knowledge of fixed asset management
Essential: Completion of secondary education; preferably supplemented by a technical/self-studies in logistics management.
Desirable: University degree or its equivalent in Engineering or Management science
Essential: At least 8 years working experience in operations and logistics with a complex and diverse work environment, preferably an international organization
Desirable: At least 2 years’ experience in inventory and warehouse management
Languages: English expert level required
IT Skills; Work requires the use of word processing or other software packages, and standard office equipment. Formal or self-training in the use of standard office software.