Marie Stopes International Organisation Nigeria (MSION) is a result-oriented social enterprise, which uses modern management and marketing techniques to provide reproductive health care and allied services. MSION’s goal is to meet the needs of underserved Nigerians and dramatically improve access and use of a range of reproductive health services. Working with Government of Nigeria and in partnership with other organisations, MSION provides family planning and other reproductive healthcare clinical services in underserved communities. Our goal is to improve access to family planning and related reproductive health services enabling individuals to have children by choice not chance. Sustainability rests in the delivery of commercially viable and funded work linked to national policy priorities.
MSION is part of Marie Stopes International’s Global Partnership with operational presence in over 37 countries.
The core responsibility of this post is to use your:
- results-driven orientation
- commitment to personal development
To further MSI partnership’s mission: enabling individuals to have children by choice not chance
About this role
The main focus of the role will be overall IT Infrastructure Support for MSION IT vision and planning, business engagement, IT governance and controls, data security, and supplier management.
- Be the 1st and 2nd Level Support for all IT related user and infrastructure support requests from Team members. Provide appropriate guidance, resolution, and knowledge transfer where required for Team Members.
- Ensure smooth running of the IT infrastructure including Servers, Network, Virtualisation, Storage, Cloud and Desktop environments. Support the IT & BS Manager on technical improvements that may be required for an efficient infrastructure.
- Assist in the provision of application, network, and end-user support for MSION Team Members and Country Program as a whole. Ability to provide remote support to Team Members using support tools/telephone in a patient and courteous manner.
- Ensure enforcement & compliance of security policies and operational procedures for the protection of MSION data including anti-virus, encryption, mobile device management, effective back up (and restore) and disaster recovery.
- Provide users and application support for CLIC in Commercial and Outreach Channels.
- Act in a supportive role in the development and justification of IT planning which is aligned to MSION business goals and priorities. Assist with forecasting and budgetary activities.
- Support the leadership of the MSION IT team in the actualisation of the unit’s goals and objectives. Enforce IT processes, best practices and procedures where required and provide advice and guidance to MSION IT staff.
- Provide weekly report of daily IT activities and maintain an incident log.
MSION Behaviours / Core Values / Statement
Attitude / Motivation:
- Confident in interactions with people at all levels in the organisation
- Team player, providing support and encouragement.
- Open with new ideas and proposing improvements.
- Operate in an open and transparent manner with all MSION team members, stakeholders, and customers.
- Able to negotiate agreed solutions where conflicts arise.
- Communicate in a timely and effective manner through active listening and good questioning techniques, using appropriate body language and ensuring information is clear and concise.
- Communicate technicalities in simple English (Keep It Simple Stupid) to team members.
- Consultative approach to ensure that all team views are considered within decision making process.
- Support and adherence to MSION vision and goals.
- Focused on delivery with a ‘can do’ approach with ability to adapt and improvise.
- Prioritises personal career development (trainings, certifications)
Qualifications, Experience & Skill:
- Minimum of 4 years post-graduate experience with a minimum of 3 years in a strategic/ similar position.
- A good first degree in computer science or related discipline
§ Professional IT CERTIFICATIONS e.g., CCNA, MCP, virtualization will be an added advantage.
- Technical knowledge to enable adding value using technology (broad domain knowledge)
- A good understanding of technical architecture, network management & administration; with excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Configuration of switches, routers, wireless routers, and network devices. Knowledge of LAN, WLAN & WAN networking.
- Server, Desktop and Laptop setup and management. Exposure to virtualized environment (VMware & Hyper-V).
- Previous experience of working in an IT team (technical, infrastructure, project delivery, business alignment, planning, support).
- Significant support experience in a Windows domain environment and MS Office suite support. Excellent knowledge of O365, One Drive and MS Teams.
- Infrastructure support of CCTV system, Time & Attendance and Access Control devices.
- Demonstrated appreciable knowledge of project management methodologies.
- Prior exposure to working in an NGO environment.
- Strong interpersonal, presentation and influencing skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Strong people/team management.
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver results.
- Users and Application support on PCs and software (remote and on-premises support).
- ITIL, Prince 2 exposure (or other IT service Management and Project Management Qualification).