How to know if your WhatsApp has been hacked and how to fix it. It means a third party now has unlimited access to your personal chats, information, media and in some instances can also masquerade as you by deleting your chats, replying to your chats, committing crimes and that’s just the tip of the iceberg of how harmful being hacked can be to one.
Having your WhatsApp account hacked is everybody’s worst nightmare, not to mention a serious violation of privacy.
Hackers can access your WhatsApp data by various means e.g via WhatsApp web or registering your number on another device. Although one WhatsApp number cannot work on two phones at the same time, hackers if you register your number on another device, can easily get hold of all your chats including the personal ones.
Hackers can also quickly scan your WhatsApp QR code and access your WhatsApp conversation from anywhere in the world. However, this requires the hacker to have physical access to your phone. Here are other ways hackers might slither into your WhatsApp without you being aware.
Access To Your Device Backup File
This works even when you have locked your WhatsApp with the AppLock. However, it should be noted that this hack affects only those devices that do not have the recently updated WhatsApp.
The moment the hacker gets access to your device, within minutes they will be able to read or delete WhatsApp conversations from another device. After getting your backup file using the file manager, they can send it via Bluetooth to another device.
They can use auto-backup apps like backup text for WhatsApp and directly email all your WhatsApp conversations in plain text by installing this app in your device and when they are through, they uninstall it.
With just these, they will access all your chats even when your WhatsApp is locked.
Using Wi-Fi Network With WhatsApp Sniffer
It is also possible to have your WhatsApp hacked with the WhatsApp sniffer via a wifi network. Because every device has a unique mac address, if the hacker is able to spoof your mac address then he will be able to see all your WhatsApp activity
Using Third-party Spyware
There are third party software which claim to be able to hack WhatsApp like Spyzie. Apps like Spyzie are paid for and often require the intruder to install a small piece of software on your device, which will get them to your WhatsApp conversations.
So, to know if your WhatsApp web is active on another unknown device, go to the three dots given at the top right corner of your WhatsApp display.
Go to WhatsApp Web and check the list of all open sessions. This will let you see all the devices that are connected to your WhatsApp. If you are seeing a message ” This phone could not be verified”, it means your WhatsApp has been accessed by an unknown device also.
Further tips to prevent WhatsApp from getting hacked:
- Log out from all computers that you see in the list under WhatsApp Web. This will stop hackers from reading your chats further. However, this should be done every time you use WhatsApp web.
- Do not leave your phone unattended when you are out.
- Lock all your apps to prevent unknown people to access your apps.
- Do not connect your phone to unknown WiFi connections as hackers can also use the unique MAC address to access all your WhatsApp chats.
- In case, your WhatsApp is already hacked, deactivate your account by emailing at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your account will be automatically deleted if not accessed for 30 days.
- Enable 2 step verification under WhatsApp Account settings. This will add an extra layer of security over the app.
- Lock WhatsApp. It is imperative to have the Applock that will help you lock your WhatsApp. While WhatsApp does not offer this application within itself, you can download it and the app facilitates the use of your WhatsApp with a password or PIN.
- This will help you prevent anyone who accesses your phone from accessing your WhatsApp account since they will require a password to open it.
Source – iHarare
More News >> Bona Mugabe’s wedding video resurfaces: Never been seen footage, behind the scene
Bona Mugabe’s wedding video resurfaces: Never been seen footage, behind the scene. Up to now, the public hadn’t been given a full glimpse into Bona and Simba’s big day, save for a couple of pictures and mini clips from the National broadcaster which weren’t enough to sate people’s appetite.
Former first daughter, Bona Mugabe’s nuptials to Simba Chikore, was the stuff that only fairy tales and royal weddings are made of. A new video clip of Bona and Simba’s wedding day has gone viral online, including a never…continue reading.