Rich, gooey and chocolatey; the perfect treat using Easter sweets.
PREP TIME: 10 minutes
COOKING TIME: 15 minutes
SERVES: Makes 12 slices
– 1 box Quick & Easy Brownie Mix
– 10ml ground cinnamon
– 75g mixed nuts, finely chopped (125 ml)
– 5 white or milk chocolate marshmallow Easter eggs
* Pre-heat oven to 180 °C. Grease a 23 cm diameter tart plate.
* Make up the brownie mix, including the cinnamon in the dry ingredients, using the on-pack instructions.
* Before pouring the batter into the prepared pan, mix in the nuts, and chop in the Easter eggs.
* Pour and spread the mixture evenly into the prepared tart plate.
* Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes.
* Set aside to cool slightly before slicing.
Hints & Tips
– The easiest way to chop the Easter eggs is to snip them using kitchen scissors, directly into the batter.
– If you prefer bars, bake in a 24 x 24cm x 5cm baking tin lined with greaseproof paper.
– If you prefer a cakier, less gooey centred type of Brownie, bake for an additional 8 minutes.
Source – cooking365.co.za