Country Advocacy Coordinator Needed – Apply Here.
Contract: 12 month fixed term contract
Sightsavers is excited to be seeking a Country Advocacy Coordinator to join our office in Nigeria and strategize and deliver advocacy across all Sightsavers Thematic Areas. The Country Advocacy Coordinator will lead in implementation of advocacy work and coordination of advocacy support to all Sightsavers supported programmes in Nigeria, as well as crosscutting priorities such as the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development as well as implementation at the country office level.
Working with the Country Director, Director Programme Operations and Global Advocacy Advisor West Africa you will develop and implement country policy influencing objectives and advocacy plan by organising round tables and set up meetings with policy/decision makers for influencing strategic partners at national and state levels. You will ensure that the that Nigeria Country Office (NCO) policy objective and advocacy plans align with Sightsavers global priorities on eye health, inclusion, and inclusive education, and represent Sightsavers at senior level to decision makers and deputise for the Country Director when required on all advocacy issues
Further duties include;
- Leading on the development and building of strategic partnerships and alliances with national inter-governmental bodies and multilaterals to maximise advocacy opportunities as delegated by the Country Director.
- Identify opportunities to strategically influence thematic areas and share with the CD and GAA for decision making purposes.
- Ensure that NCO advocacy plan/work is integrated within Sightsavers’ programme planning and Monitoring & Evaluation systems. Ensure effective use of advocacy reporting and monitoring tools e.g., SARA App.
- Lead on providing technical support to Nigeria Country Office on context analysis, stakeholders mapping, development of advocacy messages and plans address systemic issues in eye health, health systems strengthening, social inclusion and Neglected Tropical Diseases.
- In conjunction with country office staff and the Global Advocacy Advisor WA and policy team Multilateral and Policy Campaign Manager, lead on the development and delivery of appropriate policy campaigning in Nigeria CO.
- Work with the various government partners to ensure that transition plans are put in place towards elimination of trachoma in Nigeria.
- Produce information, materials and documentation to support the achievement of Sightsavers’ advocacy objectives in Nigeria CO.
As the successful you will possess a Master’s degree in social science (or have equivalent working experience), have significant experience of working as a development professional with INGOs, a background in Advocacy work, and previous experience of building staff capacities to develop and deliver advocacy plans. You will have of developing and implementing systems to record and measure the impact of advocacy activities or Specific experience of health sector advocacy at national, regional and international levels, and experience of leading or coordinating advocacy efforts at national level.
This is not an exhaustive list of duties or required professional skills, please read the complete Job Description for further details
Closing date: 5 September 2021
Interviews: Week commencing 13th September 2021
Please be advised that due to an expected high response for this role the advert may close earlier than the above stated end date
Sightsavers works to eliminate avoidable blindness and promote the rights of people with disabilities. Our vision is of a world where no one is blind from avoidable causes, and where people with disabilities participate equally in society.
We are truly committed to creating an inclusive culture which values and recognises diversity as something that will only ever make an organisation better. We encourage anyone to apply who possesses the qualities and behaviours outlined or who believes they have the propensity to learn them fast. You will be joining an inclusive and supportive team who welcome people from all backgrounds.
Sightsavers does not accept unsolicited CVs from external recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.