Assistant Data Management and Results Monitoring Officer – Apply Here. Background
The UN Resident Coordinator’s Office (UNRCO) supports the UN Resident Coordinator in his roles and functions. The UNRCO in Nigeria provides coordination support to the UN Country Team and its various sub-groups. The support includes strategic planning, programme and operations management, policy guidance, as well as knowledge management, advocacy and communications, all seeking to enhance UN coherence and improve overall programme impact to better achieve results.
With the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development at its core, and in response to the General Assembly resolution 71/243 on the quadrennial comprehensive policy review of operational activities for development of the United Nations System, the UN Secretary general’s report (December 2017) “Repositioning the United Nations development system to deliver on the 2030 agenda” stresses that resident coordinator offices will need to be adequately staffed to ensure sufficient substantive capacity to support the UN country teams.
To this effect, a substantial officer for results monitoring and reporting was employed. However, with the attendant Covid-19 which has increased the reporting requirement of the UN System, this post is created to provide support in tracking and reporting on the UNSDPF especially on the Socio-economic Response Plan (SERP) and in line with SG data strategy to nurture data capabilities that creates value for beneficiaries, partners and UN entities.
Results Expected: Provides consistent, accurate and comprehensive data in order to accomplish current work programme needs. Independently provides accurate, well organized reports and/or records. Interprets and applies guidelines to achieve specific outputs.
Duties and Responsibilities
Within delegated authority and supervision of the Associate Development Coordination Officer, Data Management Results Monitoring/Reporting, the Assistant Data Management and Results Monitoring/Reporting Officer will be responsible for the following duties:
a) Coordinate the development of UN Country Team (UNCT) data Systems:
- Support data analysis, visualization and use in developing (technical) working papers on sustainable development topics and the Covid-19 response for RC and the UNCT
- Work with key agency (M&E) staff in the development of the One UN Country Results Report
- Contributes to UNCT research and development of data and research tools and methodologies at the country level
- Lead data cleaning for UNSDPF and SERP indicators reporting before uploading into the UNINFO
- Provide technical support and training to agencies in the use of existing reports, dashboards, or other tools in UNINFO for UNSDPF and SERP
- Lead in maintaining data governance, protection and security in UNINFO for UNSDPF and SERP
- Document and share changes in UNINFO to ensure compliance with data governance, protection, privacy, and security requirements
- Work with the M&E thematic group to strengthen processes and develop more streamlined cooperation framework-based information management systems and formats.
- Support agencies in the development of sound data collection tools including baseline surveys and other studies for accurate and timely information.
- Compile and edit the entity quarterly reports to the RC.
- Guides and train agency focal persons on UNINFO
- Assist in the sharing of best practices within the UNCT including the establishment of mechanisms for regular critical reflection on project outcomes.
- Assist in the identification of good practices and lessons learned at different levels of the UN system and share findings with country and regional colleagues so that best practices benefit UN’s work
- Contributes to UNCT exchange of best practice, trends, knowledge and lessons learned with external partners.
- Ability to make new and useful ideas work Level 1: Assesses work with critical eye
- Ability to persuade others to follow
- Takes responsibility for and ensures high quality of own work
- Ability to improve performance and satisfaction
- Understands personal and team roles, responsibilities and objectives
- Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform
- Synthesizes information to communicate independent analysis
- Ability to get things done while exercising good judgement
- Meets goals and timelines for team deliverables
- Ability to capture, develop, share and effectively use information and knowledge.
- Replicate Reliably: Carry out work, as directed, and demonstrate motivation to develop)
- Ability to develop, maintain, and strengthen partnerships with others inside (Programmes/ projects) or outside the organization who can provide information, assistance, and support.
- Sets overall direction for the formation and management of strategic relationships contributing to the overall positioning of UNRCO
- Replicate Reliably: Carry out work, as directed, and demonstrate motivation to develop
- Ability to develop business and planning processes at the national and local level and the ability to apply to strategic and/or practical situations.
- Knowledge of the Sustainable Development Goals and the ability to apply to strategic and/or practical situations.
- Knowledge of methodologies, asessment tools, systems and apply practical experience in planning, monitoring, evaluating and reporting and ability to apply to practical situations.
- Ability to try out / test new ways of engagement and communications. Openness to different and new ways of doing things; willingness to modify one’s preferred way of doing things.
- Knowledge of data and statistics analysis for 2030 Agenda for development and the ability to apply to strategic and/or practical situations.
- University Degree in Information Management, Statistics, Sciences, Sustainable development and Social Sciences and other related area.
- A minimum of two years of progressively responsible experience in providing strategic support to data analysis and knowledge management in the context of development Cooperation or related area is required.
- Good computer skills (Windows, MS Word, Excel/Spread sheets, the internet/Web) and familiarity with data/information management programme is required
- Fluency in oral and written English is required.
- Knowledge of another official United Nations language is an advantage.
Important applicant information
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job descriptions, experience,s and educational requirements.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)