Administrative Assistant Wanted – Apply Now. Grade: G7
Contractual Arrangement: Fixed-term appointment
Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days): 2 years
Job Posting: Dec 13, 2021, 9:19:50 AM
Closing Date: Dec 27, 2021, 4:59:00 PM
Primary Location: Nigeria-Abuja
Organization: AF_NGA Nigeria
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that the deadline for receipt of applications indicated above reflects your personal device’s system settings.
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
Country Management Support Units (CSUs) have been established in the organisational structure to provide support for Managers and staff to fully assume their responsibilities in the GSM environment and to ensure compliance with organizational policies, procedures, rules and regulations on all administrative and financial matters and transactions in the context of an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
Provide full administrative support to the Deputy WR’s office. Draft, review and revise correspondence, reports and documents for proper format and content in consultation with the supervisor. Independently compose correspondence of administrative nature, take notes at meetings, provides informal interpretation/translation when required; Prepare and process travel requests for Deputy WR using GSM, work with the travel unit to arrange for visa issuance, security clearance, flight and hotel bookings, follows up travel related issues of national and international missions; Scan, record, refer and follow up correspondence and documents, evaluate the urgency or critical nature bringing them to the attention of the Deputy WR. Inform and remind Deputy WR of follow-up dates, response or specific actions, supplying supporting material as appropriate; Maintain and update the filing of technical documents and correspondence (soft/hard copies and databases if applicable). Create background reference material as appropriate; access and retrieve relevant material; Finalize all administrative and logistics preparations required for the organization of meetings held in the country (working groups, seminars/courses, workshops Respond to and act on telephone enquiries in a timely manner. Assess the critical nature of technical issues and direct them to appropriate Deputy WR for reply, coordinate appointments for the Deputy WR. Establish and maintain a proper computerized information system on MOH and UN counterparts, WHO Collaborating Centers, etc. Perform other duties assigned by the supervisor
Essential: Completion of secondary education or equivalent supplemented by secretarial training
Desirable: University degree in business administration, social sciences or related field is an asset
Essential: At least 10 years progressive administrative experience
Desirable: Experience in other areas such as Program Management would be an asset. Experience in WHO/UN system
Ability to plan, organize, coordinate and implement inputs from several sources;Good filing and organizational skills.Ability to maintain good working relationships with staff, experts and visitors. Very good time management and stress management skills. Knowledge of WHO rules, manuals, practices, procedures.
Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
Knowing and managing yourself
Use of Language Skills
Essential: Expert knowledge of English.
WHO offers staff in the General Services category an attractive remuneration package, which for the above position includes an annual net base salary starting at NGN 12,007,619 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- Staff members in other duty stations are encouraged to apply.
- For information on WHO’s operations please visit: http://www.who.int.
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO prides itself on a workforce that adheres to the highest ethical and professional standards and that is committed to put the WHO Values Charter into practice.
- WHO has zero tolerance towards sexual exploitation and abuse (SEA), sexual harassment and other types of abusive conduct (i.e., discrimination, abuse of authority and harassment). All members of the WHO workforce have a role to play in promoting a safe and respectful workplace and should report to WHO any actual or suspected cases of SEA, sexual harassment and other types of abusive conduct. To ensure that individuals with a substantiated history of SEA, sexual harassment or other types of abusive conduct are not hired by the Organization, WHO will conduct a background verification of final candidates.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- This post is subject to local recruitment and will be filled by persons recruited in the local commuting area of the duty station.
Administrative Assistant Wanted