A classic braai accompaniment. This version is packed with peppery and spicy flavours and is virtually a meal by itself.
PREP TIME: 10 minutes
COOKING TIME: 12 minutes
1/8 cup cooking oil
1 medium onion, finely chopped diced
1 clove of garlic, minced
½ teaspoon ginger, finely grated
2 teaspoon curry powder
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 tomatoes, finely diced
2 cups thinly sliced SPAR Freshline cabbage
1 large carrot, grated
1 green pepper, diced
1 red pepper, diced
1 red chilli, finely chopped
1 tin baked beans in tomato sauce
1/4 cup chicken stock
Salt & pepper, to taste
* In a large pot over medium heat, heat the oil.
* Add the onion and cook until soft.
* Stir in the garlic and ginger and cook for 1 minute.
* Add the curry powder and cayenne pepper and continue stirring for about 1 minute.
* Then add the tomatoes, cabbage, carrots, peppers and chilli.
* Simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
* Finally, add the baked beans and chicken stock and cook for a further 3 minutes.
* Season to taste and serve.
source – spar